Whats sad????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whats sad????

There is over 67,000 members here and only the same 10 or 15 post. No wonder why we get sidetracked. I know some died or moved on to better things but still...Bob
    Bob Wright

Spool Gun conversion. How To Do It. Below.
    http://www.millerwelds.com/resources...php?albumid=48

Who's your favorite "member"

03-12-2008, 02:27 AM
    I though it would be a really neato idea to start a thread where we could gush on the members we really like. No biggie or anything just say who you like and why you think they are a great contributor to this fine forum.

My most favorite members right are as follows but not necessarily in this order.

weldone
    Fishy Jim
    dabar39
    shorerider16
    fun4now
    aametalmaster

I have followed this board for a while now and In my way of thinking, these guys have offered up a ton of help and it seems like they embody the sense of community that this board tries to uphold.

OK, who's next.
    Bob Wright

Comment

Fishy Jim ran off into the woods to murder trees and grind their stumps.
      He even built his own stump chewer for the back of his green tractor which he swears is better than anybody sells.

I heard rumors about that AA Metalmaster guy best not repeated. Some say he went soft and plays with fabric, others claim he didn't go that soft and plays with wood.

Comment

Originally posted by Franz© View Post
        Fishy Jim ran off into the woods to murder trees and grind their stumps.
        I did that for 30 years... Click image for larger version

Name:	1001.jpg
Views:	310
Size:	49.8 KB
ID:	601193
        Bob Wright

Comment

Everyone has something in their past they're less than proud of Bob. Nice looking pair of corks, you attending a log roll?

BTW, have you got a starter & cover for my David Bradley 2 man?

Comment

Originally posted by Franz© View Post
            Everyone has something in their past they're less than proud of Bob. Nice looking pair of corks, you attending a log roll?

BTW, have you got a starter & cover for my David Bradley 2 man?
            I do not have a cover, sorry. I am down to 22 saws
            Bob Wright

Comment

22, how will you get thru the long coming winter?

If it makes you feel better, my #7 in inventory is a ChinkWaukee LI battery fueled saw.
              It really feels good just pulling the trigger as opposed to pulling the rope to get the chain moving.
              Cuts amazingly well too.
              Even rides along well on the ButtBuggy.

Only drawback, no smoke to chase skeeters away.

Comment

Originally posted by aametalmaster View Post
                There is over 67,000 members here and only the same 10 or 15 post. No wonder why we get sidetracked. I know some died or moved on to better things but still...Bob
                Died or moved on to better things? Lol.
                I'm sure my time will come as well?
                The former happens a lot as a guy gets older, and the latter, that's life getting in the way. This comment is from a guy who on many occasions has been asked to split the popsicle stand. What the heck happens when the play ground is empty?

Until then I'm raging against the machine. I'm not reaching 10 or 15 I'm reaching 67,000. The silent mass of majority who read, follow, and avoid the drama of comment.

Comment

Originally posted by Noel View Post

Died or moved on to better things? Lol.
                  I'm sure my time will come as well?
                  The former happens a lot as a guy gets older, and the latter, that's life getting in the way. This comment is from a guy who on many occasions has been asked to split the popsicle stand. What the heck happens when the play ground is empty?

Until then I'm raging against the machine. I'm not reaching 10 or 15 I'm reaching 67,000. The silent mass of majority who read, follow, and avoid the drama of comment.
                  A mighty gesture from a man in the dark North with only a shovel to pound on his keyboard. Pound on Noel, express your eclectic nature while you still can.

Comment

https://www.mig-welding.co.uk/forum/...-the-uk.94018/

I like to think in some small way we all help a bit in posting. Support, service...an ear to bend. Look at the stuff a guy learns just reading posts. Lots. I can't be the only one getting smarter doing so?
                    I find reading to be unwinding. The need to comment, I could give it up.

But then I watch a video of buddy struggling to weld and just want to speak.

Comment

Odd you reference that site from lesser britania a small island incapable of defending itself.
                      I've attempted a time or 2 to understand some of their posts but truth is I have little idea what language they post in, and I just can't relate to people who use public toilets for want of home plumbing and seek permission from Council for every act they wish to perform. Good lard I once pondered how bad taxation without representation could have been given our current situation with so called representation, but that public bath issue and shared telephones snapped me back.

http://www.thefreshloaf.com/forum is where I'll be for a while laughing at people who can't pile bricks and plaster them with clay. My dog the money they spend on kits makes me wish I was amoral enough to sell kits to build a simple beehive or Navajo dome oven.

Comment

Originally posted by aametalmaster
                        "Yep, I’ll admit to watching quite a few American car programs

Seems to be the norm to do what ever you want to a car and then just put it on the road

No questions asked"
                        Quote from that guy
                        Bob Wright

Comment

KB Fab
                          SunDownIII
                          H80N
                          A few more come to mind but I would have to search for their names.

www.facebook.com/outbackaluminumwelding
                          Miller Dynasty 700...OH YEA BABY!!
                          MM 350P...PULSE SPRAYIN' MONSTER
                          Miller Dynasty 280 with AC independent expansion card
                          Miller Dynasty 200 DX "Blue Lightning"

Miller Bobcat 225 NT (what I began my present Biz with!)
                          Miller 30-A Spoolgun
                          Miller WC-115-A
                          Miller Spectrum 300
                          Miller 225 Thunderbolt (my first machine bought new 1980)
                          Miller Digital Elite Titanium 9400

Comment

I saw H80N on Friday. He's facing several physical challenges but is still his old self and pressing along. He hopes to get back on here as he continues to progress. Great guy.

Comment

duaneb55. He has not posted in awhile because of work and medical issues within his family. He always has good advice!
                              A FEW OF MY TOYS !!!

MX Linux
                              LinuxMint

Miller Roughneck 2E
                              Lincoln Weldpak 100
                              Gianttech Arc 200
                              Victor O/A

Comment

Working...
                              X