No announcement yet.

Welding boots recommendations?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My feet are more picky these days as I get older. I can’t handle cheap work boots anymore. My feet get so sore. I’ve tried all the gel inserts liners also. The last pair I bought were Timberland Pro boots. They are one of the most comfortable pair of boots I’ve ever had on my feet.
    Thorogood makes a comfortable pair of boots as well. Red Wing makes a decent boot but they aren’t what they used to be.
    Lincoln Idealarc 250
    Miller Bobcat 250
    Thermal Arc Hefty 2 feeder
    Thermal Dynamics Cutmaster 52
    Torchmate CNC table

Comment

I think the thing to remember in choosing a boot to wear is that as you get older, lifting those feet and moving forward does require extra effort. The phrase, walk a mile in my work boots, that's a balance between safety, comfort, and the effort required to lift a foot and step forward.

I'm not sure how many of you have lost toes or suffered a foot injury on the job, but I haven't. I like to remain light on my feet not weighed down by excessive weight so I tend to avoid a heavy boot for that reason.

Comment

Whatever you buy, don't spend extra on memory foam insoles.
        Those boots develop memory loss fast and forget where you parked them.

Comment

Flip flops are best. That way the molten beads run right off the skin, instead of finding that little tiny hole in your pant leg, and making it's way all the way down to your little toe - because then you look like a goof jumping around the shop as you wait for the spark to cool off.
          J.Caraher
          Wide Open Throttle Technologies (WOT-Tech), Pompano Beach FL
          Miller Sync 300,Hobart 190
          RogueFab pneumatic, Hossfeld Manual
          Kitamura CNC, Bridgeport 2j
          TunerPRO, HPTuners, AEM, Megasquirt, DynoJet
          NASA Racing Official/Driver

YouTube Link, Instagram Link, FaceBook Link

Comment

Originally posted by Forced_Firebird View Post
            Flip flops are best. That way the molten beads run right off the skin, instead of finding that little tiny hole in your pant leg, and making it's way all the way down to your little toe - because then you look like a goof jumping around the shop as you wait for the spark to cool off.
            That bold part is why old hands always have a few cups of old cold coffee on the bench or a convenient girt to pour down the boot and chill the dingleberry. It's in oth Chipper and Grinder job descriptions to check those cups for mold every day and toss the moldy crap out.

Comment

Thanks for sharing the useful post.

Comment

Working...
              X