Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Franz, who makes the best Jewish welding wieners

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Franz, who makes the best Jewish welding wieners

    I buy kosher National brand dogs, but their are other names of Kosher dogs out their locally produced that I hear are better than the big names.....

    I think I found a place I can order frozen pope seed buns but I have to wait until Monday to find out. There ain't nothing like a Jewish hot-dog covered in sweet relish, coleslaw, yellow mustard, pepperoni peppers in a pope seed bun. when I get the taste for a good dog not even a steak will do.

  • #2
    is there a welding question in there somewhere?
    Richard

    Comment


    • #3
      Zweigels on the corner of Lyell & N Plymouth will ship to your door with dry ice. Been in the same family for at least 120 years. It really is a woman owned business, they ran out of boys to pass it down to, and the girl knows her meat.
      https://zweigles.com/
      If you never had a white hot have a couple thrown in your box. Pork & veal. Not found far from Rochester.

      Few hundred pounds a day leave via FedX and UPS for displaced Rochesterians.

      Walmart will ship them to your local store too.

      I recommend 309 ss wire, minimum 1/8 for your roasting skewers unless you're going direct electric cooking like the Chair.
      40 amps DCRP end to end and be careful pulling the rod stubs out.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Ltbadd View Post
        is there a welding question in there somewhere?
        Yes, if you are a welder that does his best on a full stomach.

        Comment


        • #5
          I'm also reminded I should enlighten you that Hebrew National is one of the largest employers of undocumented members of a certain political party.

          Now, are you gonna simmer them things in beer for 8 hours before cooking like Lums did, or you going slow simmer in a cast iron skillet with butter and then wrapped in a slice of multigrain bread Southern style, or are you going with the Howard Johnson model?

          If the grandkids are around you can coin up one or two and thread spaghetti thru em for the kids to go nuts figuring out how that is done.

          I'm beginning to wonder about that Lt boy's rightness in his head. Don't sound like he has any idea about heating soup or beans on the manifold or a weldorbachi plugged in a receiver tube on the trailer or gang box. Probably never made an electric coffee heater either.

          Comment


          • #6
            We just throw em a bun and micro wave em. How about steaming them? I could cut some expandable metal and put it over a pot and steam the **** out of them and the pope seed buns too. What's The Howard Johnson way of doing a hot dog?

            I have to call these guys Monday and see if I can order their products They have multi grain and organic bread that looks delicious. My favorite bread is Portuguese hard crust bread, I think it steamed for part of it's baking time? It's great for dunking in welders soup.

            https://www.klostermanbakery.com/pop...dog-buns-12-pk


            https://www.klostermanbakery.com/products/organic-bread
            Last edited by tackit; 08-18-2019, 02:34 AM.

            Comment


            • #7
              I love hot dogs, and welding. I might have to check them out too. Wish they had bratwurst too, I love me a good brat.

              For hot dogs tack, I would’ve set them over a steam bath, just put them in it. The hot water will make those dogs plump up and then toss them on the grill or a hot pan and give them some color. Then pull them out and put them in a bath of sauerkraut, onions, peppers and beer. You don’t have to eat the sauerkraut ....although I’m not sure why you wouldn’t....but it’ll keep the dogs perfect around the patio during your party.

              My family is German and Norwegian, I’m pretty sure bratwurst runs in our veins. The only change made when cooking a brat over a dog is you simmer the brats in beer for about 20ish minutes before you grill them. And don’t use a fork to turn them, it will punch holes in the casing and let the juice out.

              I have some welding to do today, then maybe some uphill 7018 practice, but this was my adventure yesterday, and since we’re so good at staying on topic...being we’re talking about frickin hotdogs here....went deep sea fishin yesterday and here is my adventure;

              Got up at 0400 yesterday, was on the ferry to Galveston Island at 0500, boat left the doc at 0600, catastrophic engine failure at 1000 that killed all three 300 HP Suzuki engines and their electronics, drifted on the open ocean 30 miles out until 1830, towed in and made it back to the dock at 2330, the ferry runs on the hour after midnight, we got to the ferry at 2404, boarded the ferry at 0100, got back to the RV at 0130 today. Without the US Coast Guard, we might still be out there. They didn’t come get us because we weren’t in any imminent threat and nobody was injured....yet...so they set up a private tow boat to come get us. Anything you come back from alive is an adventure. Yeah for VHF radio and the USCG!

              Comment


              • #8
                Costco dogs normally place in the top three "taste tests" (routinely)............not kosher, but who can trust that "label" these days anyhow..........? In a pinch you can probably use a welder to "cook em" out in the workshop / barn / lab, other remote location.........personally, I'd just use the old "blue wrench" (Oxy/A)
                Last edited by Auto_Tech; 08-18-2019, 09:53 AM.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Many years ago at work, someone brought in a Presto hot dog cooker to show us.
                  It puts the dogs across the AC line and would cook 6 dogs in 60 seconds.

                  We made our own version using a zip cord and two banana plugs for the electrodes.

                  Cooked up (and ate) about 8 before someone noticed the brass under the banana plug plating was showing.
                  The plating was being electroplated into the hot dogs.
                  This put a quick end to our experiment.
                  Miller Dynasty 350, Dynasty 210 DX, Hypertherm 1000, Thermal Arc GTSW400, Airco Heliwelder II, oxy-fuel setup, metal cutting bandsaw, air compressor, drill press, large first aid kit, etc.

                  Call me the "Clouseau" of welding !

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by ryanjones2150 View Post
                    They didn’t come get us because we weren’t in any imminent threat and nobody was injured....yet...so they set up a private tow boat to come get us. Anything you come back from alive is an adventure. Yeah for VHF radio and the USCG!
                    Not knowing much about being a Captain, Skipper, or anything nautical, I recall my buddy Don's instruction on such things. The difference between a Pan-Pan and a Mayday - Mayday was the imminent danger part. He made sure we new how to turn on and use the radio. Not in failing to mention where the fire extinguishers were located and the floater suits hung in the event something happens, it's lways good to be prepared.


                    Click image for larger version

Name:	Points North in the bay 367.jpg
Views:	185
Size:	51.7 KB
ID:	600975

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by ryanjones2150 View Post
                      Then pull them out and put them in a bath of sauerkraut, onions, peppers and beer. You don’t have to eat the sauerkraut ....although I’m not sure why you wouldn’t....but it’ll keep the dogs perfect around the patio during your party.

                      My family is German and Norwegian, I’m pretty sure bratwurst runs in our veins. The only change made when cooking a brat over a dog is you simmer the brats in beer for about 20ish minutes before you grill them. And don’t use a fork to turn them, it will punch holes in the casing and let the juice out.
                      Oh yea, that is the ticket! First I throw mine in a nice warm pool of Shiner Bock....






                      Then right before I throw them on the bbq pit burning a tri-mix (LOL) of 10/30/60 mesquite/hickory/pecan (gets some real nice color to them!) I use one of those flavor injector syringes to inject fresh Shiner Bock beer right into the middle of the brat through the end that usually has a little opening in the casing. Low-medium direct heat from the firewood coals, with onions and sauerkraut also grilling on some small iron skillets or alum foil to the sides, and MMmMMMMmmmmgooood! Douse some more beer on them in a pan skillet, while the buns go on as well..




                      If you ever make it down here to try out my HTP stuff, we'll fire up the grill too!
                      HTP Invertig221 D.V. Water-cooled
                      HTP Pro Pulse 300 MIG
                      HTP Pro Pulse 200 MIG x2
                      HTP Pro Pulse 220 MTS
                      HTP Inverarc 200 TLP water cooled
                      HTP Microcut 875SC

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Brother, you drive a hard bargain! And I agree, I think shiner bock is the absolute best beer for this task. Not 6010, not 7018, shiner bock my friends.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by ryanjones2150 View Post
                          I love hot dogs, and welding. I might have to check them out too. Wish they had bratwurst too, I love me a good brat.

                          For hot dogs tack, I would’ve set them over a steam bath, just put them in it. The hot water will make those dogs plump up and then toss them on the grill or a hot pan and give them some color. Then pull them out and put them in a bath of sauerkraut, onions, peppers and beer. You don’t have to eat the sauerkraut ....although I’m not sure why you wouldn’t....but it’ll keep the dogs perfect around the patio during your party.

                          My family is German and Norwegian, I’m pretty sure bratwurst runs in our veins. The only change made when cooking a brat over a dog is you simmer the brats in beer for about 20ish minutes before you grill them. And don’t use a fork to turn them, it will punch holes in the casing and let the juice out.

                          I have some welding to do today, then maybe some uphill 7018 practice, but this was my adventure yesterday, and since we’re so good at staying on topic...being we’re talking about frickin hotdogs here....went deep sea fishin yesterday and here is my adventure;

                          Got up at 0400 yesterday, was on the ferry to Galveston Island at 0500, boat left the doc at 0600, catastrophic engine failure at 1000 that killed all three 300 HP Suzuki engines and their electronics, drifted on the open ocean 30 miles out until 1830, towed in and made it back to the dock at 2330, the ferry runs on the hour after midnight, we got to the ferry at 2404, boarded the ferry at 0100, got back to the RV at 0130 today. Without the US Coast Guard, we might still be out there. They didn’t come get us because we weren’t in any imminent threat and nobody was injured....yet...so they set up a private tow boat to come get us. Anything you come back from alive is an adventure. Yeah for VHF radio and the USCG!
                          Sounds good, I have to make a new folder and keep these dog recipes in it. I want to thank each one of you guys for contributing to my welding wieners thread, much appreciated and fun to read.. I full welder is a happy welder and a better welder.

                          If anyone wants to go off topic in my threads it's fine with me, I've found off topic threads can be more interesting and full of more useful information.than the original topic.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            And we starting to get sort of close-ish to the shipping lanes, a couple more hours and we would’ve called a mayday. First thing the CG does is usually fly a plane over your location. That takes about 30-45 minutes, then a cutter will show up. If you’re too far out, like around 90 miles, they may send a helicopter and pick you off that boat. At night, in the shipping lane, no electronics including running lights, that is imminent danger to life. Fortunately in our drift, we floated towards land and were actually about 9 miles closer in than when we originally lost the engines. $3k for the tow.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by ryanjones2150 View Post
                              And we starting to get sort of close-ish to the shipping lanes, a couple more hours and we would’ve called a mayday. First thing the CG does is usually fly a plane over your location. That takes about 30-45 minutes, then a cutter will show up. If you’re too far out, like around 90 miles, they may send a helicopter and pick you off that boat. At night, in the shipping lane, no electronics including running lights, that is imminent danger to life. Fortunately in our drift, we floated towards land and were actually about 9 miles closer in than when we originally lost the engines. $3k for the tow.
                              Been out there looking for guys like you many more times than once--and it seemed there was usually bad weather approaching, so there was a sense of urgency. VHF radio is good--makes it easy to find people if it becomes an emergency. Rescues are harder when most everyone on the lost boat is drunk. Much harder when you're looking for flotsam/jetsam when you get called too late. Or a single fighter pilot in a one-man raft in the open Atlantic. That's gotta be a really, really lonely feeling.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X