Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newbie here

Hi all.

I just purchased a MM175 - should be delivered before the weekend. I checked with the local supply house here, and they couldn't touch the $662.77 price from IOC. I've read here that "most" are recommending the 210 or bigger, but for the occasional body panel/floorpan or repair around the home, I couldn't justify to myself paying double - I think the 175 will meet my needs.

The local supply house, where I'll more than likely getting my gas, has a lifetime lease on the bottle. For $195 (1st tank of gas is free), I can keep it as long as I want, and when ever I decide to turn it back in to them (it could be 40 years down the road), they only keep $25. I thought that sounded like a pretty good deal.

Hi Greg,
    I love my MM175, lots of fun!!! Regarding the lease, I own my (6) bottles. Around here (Southern MI) they (sized at 120ish) are now (price went up) about 179 (w/tax) and the first fill is also free. With the receipt (I laminate them), I can take them anywhere to be filled. I'm not sure your bottle lease is a deal or not??? Good Luck
    Russ
    MM175, 300/200 Thunderbolt,
    M125c baby plasma,
    BWE (red flames),
    Victor Super-Range O2/Fuel,
    and lots-of-junk slowly being replaced.

Comment

i pay $ 59.00 a year to rent my 155 botle and would love a liftime lease at $195 but it sounds more like a deposit if you get it back, i would call it a great deal i'm shour you will love the MM175 i have the 135 and love it
      thanks for the help
      ......or..........
      hope i helped
      sigpic
      feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. [email protected]
      summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
      JAMES

Comment

Originally posted by Greg60143
        for the occasional body panel/floorpan or repair around the home, I couldn't justify to myself paying double - I think the 175 will meet my needs.
        I completely agree with you. My MM175 welds most of the jobs I have. Before the big feeders, it also did well with 1/4". Fitting up will soak up your duty cycle for most of your big jobs, too. Don't regret your decision; enjoy the machine! Take the money you saved and buy a nice 4.5" grinder (DW 402 is my favorite) and a Miller Big Window Elite helmet.

Comment

owwwwowww I second the get a Miller Big Window Elite helmet
          great hood
          thanks for the help
          ......or..........
          hope i helped
          sigpic
          feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. [email protected]
          summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
          JAMES

Comment

Greg,

Welcome. You'll like it here!

You may find that the cost of owning the bottle will be just a few bucks more than the lease. Just a thought.

As for the machine, you did good. Enjoy.

Hank
            ...from the Gadget Garage
            Millermatic 210 w/3035, BWE
            Handler 210 w/DP3035
            TA185TSW
            Victor O/A "J" series, SuperRange

Comment

Greg,

I recently bought a mm175. Thought I did good at $700. I looked at IOC and they were a couple of bucks higher. Any way I have welded up some 1/4'' with mine with no problem but was just a little dissapointed with the duty cycle. None the less I don't regret the purchase. thought about the 210 but just couldn't justify the cost for my needs. I purchased a 80cft bottle and it does fine for me.

Kelly

Comment

I hit the overtemp shut-off ONCE with my MM175. I had it maxed out, welding a 1/2" square solid bar parallel onto a 1/2 SCH40 pipe, 10-foot length, both sides.

No exaggeration, I welded 19.5 straight feet of bead, with only 6 inches left when it shut down. I hadn't expected it to go that long, and was most impressed.

Comment

Working...
                X