Does Miller have a way

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does Miller have a way

Does Miller have a way of telling their customers what machines with serial numbers, they purchased new over the years ?

Miller Electric could tell you which Dealer sold it.

Supergiantmefaglobalcorp can't even tell you which jammy clad salesman in bed at mom's house dropshipped what where.

Comment

I haven't bought new in a while, don't they have warranty cards to be filled in and mailed away any more? Not that I ever did, just wondering if they still do or not?

Comment

Originally posted by Noel View Post
        I haven't bought new in a while, don't they have warranty cards to be filled in and mailed away any more? Not that I ever did, just wondering if they still do or not?
        The dealer does it. That was my job when i worked at the LWS. Its all online now
        ...Bob
        Bob Wright

Spool Gun conversion. How To Do It. Below.
        http://www.millerwelds.com/resources...php?albumid=48

Comment

Originally posted by aametalmaster View Post

The dealer does it. That was my job when i worked at the LWS. Its all online now
          ...Bob
          Bob, what do I do call a dealer and ask them if they would do it for me? I'm thinking if a dealer can do it, shouldn't there be someone at Miller that can do it? It would be nice to have the information emailed to me. I can count seven machines, that ain't really that many. I would like to be able to find pictures and manuals of them too. just for old times sake, I'm getting long in the tooth and sentimental.

Comment

Its only been online for x amount of years. Our dealer had a file cabinet full off purchase cards going back 25 years. It depends how organized your local dealer was i guess.
            Bob Wright

Spool Gun conversion. How To Do It. Below.
            http://www.millerwelds.com/resources...php?albumid=48

Comment

Tack, you can download the manuals from the Miller website; If you want them to send you hard copies, you can call and ask. I think they're $15 each for hard copies.

Comment

Originally posted by Aeronca41 View Post
                Tack, you can download the manuals from the Miller website; If you want them to send you hard copies, you can call and ask. I think they're $15 each for hard copies.
                Thanks Aeronca, I know they have their manuals on line, but without proper serial numbers it's not possible to find the exact model due to upgrades.

Comment

Yep--understand. Just wanted to be sure you knew they were available. I'll be surprised if Miller has any data like that from years ago--as Bob said, I think back then the local dealer kept the info and I can't imagine Miller paid someone to input all that data from all the dealers when they went computerized/on-line.

Comment

Trust me, SuperglobalmegalopolisCorp conducted a PURGE.
                    EEOC hires went thru desks and book shelves to eliminate Miller Electric publications.

I can pretty much go thru old emails and come up with the date.
                    They even cleaned out Troy Ohio.

They also cut off direct incoming call numbers for most of the old guys who knew WTH they were talking about. Craporate figured it would increase sales by cutting repair info on old machines and parts on machines 7 years beyond last date of manufacture.
                    Craporite even checked lunch boxes to make sure no printed matter left for 2 months before the PURGE.

It was around the time Craporate invested fat coin in the MadDad blue bike.

Comment

Working...
                    X