Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do you select all pic files of' a yahoo email account

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • How do you select all pic files of' a yahoo email account

    I want to select all my pics and download them on a new hard drive but can't find a way to copy them all at one time? thanks

  • #2
    I use a Mac but Windows also has a keystroke combination to "Select All"

    On a Mac, it's Cmd-A

    I think on Windows, it's Ctrl-A or Windows-Symbol-A or Alt-A or whatever.

    Alternately, you can also usually drag down the Edit menu and then highlight "Select All" ... or click and drag the mouse to highlight all of the thumbnails..lots of ways to do it...

    HTH

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Helios View Post
      I use a Mac but Windows also has a keystroke combination to "Select All"

      On a Mac, it's Cmd-A

      I think on Windows, it's Ctrl-A or Windows-Symbol-A or Alt-A or whatever.

      Alternately, you can also usually drag down the Edit menu and then highlight "Select All" ... or click and drag the mouse to highlight all of the thumbnails..lots of ways to do it...

      HTH
      That's how you do it on Windows Explorer windows, which is on the actual PC. He is talking about his email account on Yahoo. I used to have a Yahoo email account, but I don't use it any more, so I wish I could be of more help.

      tackit, are the pictures attached to the email ( as attachments)? Are they stored in a "folder" within your yahoo email? Got any screenshots you can share? It would be a lot of help.
      HTP Invertig221 D.V. Water-cooled
      HTP Pro Pulse 300 MIG
      HTP Pro Pulse 200 MIG x2
      HTP Pro Pulse 220 MTS
      HTP Inverarc 200 TLP water cooled
      HTP Microcut 875SC

      Comment


      • #4
        My vote is to hit it with a hammer.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by OscarJr View Post

          That's how you do it on Windows Explorer windows, which is on the actual PC. He is talking about his email account on Yahoo. I used to have a Yahoo email account, but I don't use it any more, so I wish I could be of more help.

          tackit, are the pictures attached to the email ( as attachments)? Are they stored in a "folder" within your yahoo email? Got any screenshots you can share? It would be a lot of help.
          Here are a screen shot of the photos in yahoo's photo folder that I want to batch copy and paste into a new folder on the desk top. I 'm trying not to have to copy and save them individually and then paste them into the new folder on the desk top. thanks for any help.
          Attached Files

          Comment


          • #6
            What I was looking for ( I guess I should have specified), is for a full screen shot of the entire webpage to see what online tools are available to you, as the email user. With that clip, I don't see what tools Yahoo offers you to use.
            HTP Invertig221 D.V. Water-cooled
            HTP Pro Pulse 300 MIG
            HTP Pro Pulse 200 MIG x2
            HTP Pro Pulse 220 MTS
            HTP Inverarc 200 TLP water cooled
            HTP Microcut 875SC

            Comment


            • #7
              it looks like they are all together, if so, in windows you can use the Ctrl A key combo to select all, the Ctrl C to copy, the Ctrl V to paste

              Or you can access copy and paste functions by right clicking in the source and destination folders

              BEFORE you can copy any file(s) it/they must be selected
              Richard

              Comment


              • #8
                There are no tools offered, I use the right click method to save image to desk top and drag and drop the image into the new folder, but it's going to take a lot of time, I tried using the ctrl keys, but they don't work.


                Also, will a hard drive used in my Windows 7 professional 32 bit PC, work properly if I installed it in my new 64 bit windows 10 Professional PC? thanks
                Last edited by tackit; 08-08-2019, 02:34 PM.

                Comment


                • #9
                  It is very unlikely that the hard drive switch would work without any issues. Some hardware/software drivers (files that the computer needs to operate) are suitable for either 32 or 64, but but others might not be, and might only work with 32bit hardware/software
                  HTP Invertig221 D.V. Water-cooled
                  HTP Pro Pulse 300 MIG
                  HTP Pro Pulse 200 MIG x2
                  HTP Pro Pulse 220 MTS
                  HTP Inverarc 200 TLP water cooled
                  HTP Microcut 875SC

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by OscarJr View Post
                    It is very unlikely that the hard drive switch would work without any issues. Some hardware/software drivers (files that the computer needs to operate) are suitable for either 32 or 64, but but others might not be, and might only work with 32bit hardware/software
                    Thanks for the info Oscar, I have all my pictures on the 32 bit hard drive and was hoping I could transfer them over to my new 64 bit computer's 3 terabit hard drive.It's very important to me I don't lose my family pictures. I'll probably send the hard drive off and have it done for me..

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      JFYI, I just found out that a 64 bit machine will work fine running a 32 bit machine's HD, but it doesn't work in reverse. .

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        I installed the 500 gig hard drive from my old 32 bit computer into my new to me rebuilt 64 bit computer and it's working fine.
                        Last edited by tackit; 08-10-2019, 11:24 AM.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Good to hear there weren't any compatibility issues, as it's not always the case due to hardware differences, from my own experience. As for the photos, if you already have them on the hard drive, then you don't have to use Yahoo. If it is a 2.5" SATA drive (google if you're not sure), they sell adapters that plug into the drive and then it leads to a cable with a USB connector. You simply plug it into your new computer, and you have access to your old hard drive because your new PC is simply recognizing it as a "mass storage device", aka: portable external hard drive. Then you simply copy/paste using windows explorer aka: My Computer icon from the desktop.

                          HTP Invertig221 D.V. Water-cooled
                          HTP Pro Pulse 300 MIG
                          HTP Pro Pulse 200 MIG x2
                          HTP Pro Pulse 220 MTS
                          HTP Inverarc 200 TLP water cooled
                          HTP Microcut 875SC

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by OscarJr View Post
                            Good to hear there weren't any compatibility issues, as it's not always the case due to hardware differences, from my own experience. As for the photos, if you already have them on the hard drive, then you don't have to use Yahoo. If it is a 2.5" SATA drive (google if you're not sure), they sell adapters that plug into the drive and then it leads to a cable with a USB connector. You simply plug it into your new computer, and you have access to your old hard drive because your new PC is simply recognizing it as a "mass storage device", aka: portable external hard drive. Then you simply copy/paste using windows explorer aka: My Computer icon from the desktop.
                            Oscar, I was told by a professor there are no such things as 32 bit and 64 bit hard drives, hard drives themselves don't care what type of Windows system they are in, he told me Windows 10 machines can access information stored in older 32 bit machines hard drives without any problems... but it's not reversible.

                            All the pics I have on yahoo are on the windows 7 32 bit hard drive I installed in the new computer, so like you say I don't need to do anything more to solve my problem, thanks. The new computer has a 3 1/2" 123 GB SSD" SATA drive, and a 3 terabit SATA HD.
                            Last edited by tackit; 08-12-2019, 12:25 PM.

                            Comment

                            Working...
                            X