No announcement yet.

Syncro 250 issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Picked up the machine today. Tech said it is rectifier SR1. He said he could of disassembled it and replaced a part but I also told him that on ac it seemed like it was running wide open. He checked the "lem" (I don't know what this is) and that checked out bad also. The "lem" is not available anywhere he could find so no sense replacing the scr. He said it is a shame that you can't get these parts anymore because these are great machines. He is not fond of the new stuff, doesn't last as long and seems to have more issues and expensive to fix. I will put this "in stock" for now. Maybe someday I will come across some parts for it and fix it.

On a good note I found a replacement machine. I worked at a fab shop for a long time that closed up in 2009. We sold our syncro 250 to a machine shop we did work for and now is my customer. He had it sitting since then in the corner and he never hooked it up. I told him he will never use it so he should sell it to me. He thought about it for a couple days and then agreed to sell it. We bought it new in the mid 90s so it is the same as mine and I was primarily the only one who used it so I know the history of it. Never abused and only used for tig welding. Now I am happy again although a few dollars poorer.
    Last edited by MMW; 08-07-2019, 05:42 PM.
    MM250
    Trailblazer 250g
    22a feeder
    Lincoln ac/dc 225
    Victor O/A
    MM200 black face
    Whitney 30 ton hydraulic punch
    Lown 1/8x 36" power roller
    Arco roto-phase model M
    Vectrax 7x12 band saw
    Miller spectrum 875
    30a spoolgun w/wc-24
    Syncrowave 250
    RCCS-14

Comment

Well now you have some spare parts if your new-old machine gives up on you. Provided it’s not the scr or the other doofloppy.

Comment

Pretty good ending to a sad story!

Comment

Picked up the replacement today. Welder, running gear, pedal, ground lead, water cooler, #20 torch, box of consumables and a 25' power cord with the male/female plug. Now to hook it up. I have to swap the running gear as mine is made to fit under a bench. The factory one is to high.

Click image for larger version  Name:	20190810_163713 (1) (450x800).jpg Views:	0 Size:	58.6 KB ID:	600655
          Last edited by MMW; 08-10-2019, 05:16 PM.
          MM250
          Trailblazer 250g
          22a feeder
          Lincoln ac/dc 225
          Victor O/A
          MM200 black face
          Whitney 30 ton hydraulic punch
          Lown 1/8x 36" power roller
          Arco roto-phase model M
          Vectrax 7x12 band saw
          Miller spectrum 875
          30a spoolgun w/wc-24
          Syncrowave 250
          RCCS-14

Comment

Not the most exciting revel party but nice package. Click image for larger version

Name:	grumpy_old_men-461164.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	28.8 KB
ID:	600678 Looks like twins. Danny and Arnie.

Comment

Working...
            X