Miller bobcat 225NT Assistance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Miller bobcat 225NT Assistance

i have recently Bought a Miller Bobcat 225NT Propane setup. I did hear it run the Guy was a bit of a Jerry rigger and i want to make this thing back like new again. I cant find anything about this propane setup from Miller as to whats missing or not Any help would be greatly appreciated also looking for new engine harness
    there was no regulator on the bottle just a ball valve

Comment

Don't have time to dig into it tonight, but I believe this is the correct manual for your Kohler engine. Maybe it will be some help.

http://resources.kohler.com/power/kohler/enginesUS/pdf/24_690_06_EN.pdf

And, if you don't have it already, here's the Miller manual for the welder.

https://www.millerwelds.com/files/ow.../O405A_MIL.pdf

Comment

I have no idea what you consider "Jerry Rigged" on that machine. It does appear somebody wired around the Murphy switch for low oil.

The machine has a vaporizer and solenoid on the propane circuit, similar to my Onan driven propane Bobcat.
        Your mention of no propane regulator on the tank indicates you NEED to do a lot of learning on how Propane functions, preferably before you get hurt.

Why the solenoid is wired to something inside the fan housing baffles me. Only possible in my mind would be an engine rotating switch for safety to shut off the propane if the engine stops for some reason.

Good luck finding information on Propane machines from Miller ITW. They didn't make many and they relied on Kohler to document that end of the machine.
        BTW, it WON't run on a BBQ tank and only MIGHT run on a 20# tank from a floor buffer. That machine requires a forklift model 40# tank properly oriented to deliver liquid to the machine.

Comment

Originally posted by Aeronca41 View Post
          Don't have time to dig into it tonight, but I believe this is the correct manual for your Kohler engine. Maybe it will be some help.

http://resources.kohler.com/power/kohler/enginesUS/pdf/24_690_06_EN.pdf

And, if you don't have it already, here's the Miller manual for the welder.

https://www.millerwelds.com/files/ow.../O405A_MIL.pdf
          I have read through the miller manual and it talks nothing about the propane setups

Comment

Originally posted by Franz© View Post
            I have no idea what you consider "Jerry Rigged" on that machine. It does appear somebody wired around the Murphy switch for low oil.

The machine has a vaporizer and solenoid on the propane circuit, similar to my Onan driven propane Bobcat.
            Your mention of no propane regulator on the tank indicates you NEED to do a lot of learning on how Propane functions, preferably before you get hurt.

Why the solenoid is wired to something inside the fan housing baffles me. Only possible in my mind would be an engine rotating switch for safety to shut off the propane if the engine stops for some reason.

Good luck finding information on Propane machines from Miller ITW. They didn't make many and they relied on Kohler to document that end of the machine.
            BTW, it WON't run on a BBQ tank and only MIGHT run on a 20# tank from a floor buffer. That machine requires a forklift model 40# tank properly oriented to deliver liquid to the machine.
            That is why i am asking. Do you have pics of yours so i can see whats missing?

Comment

What I'm reading is you bought something you ain't qualified to run.

What I see in the pic is a propane conversion kit installed by a halfwit.
              Look at the vaporizer and pulsator for nameplates and model numbers.

The components are there to make it work when connected to a liquid delivering propane can.

Judging by what I see in the pic the genius who hooked it up probably didn't use propane rated hose.

Figure that out, replace the hoses as needed CORRECTLY so the machine don't catch fire.
              Where and how do you intend to rack the liquid tank?

​​​​​​​Better question, where do you intend to keep the fire extinguisher handy?

Comment

The components are there to make it work when connected to a liquid delivering propane can.

Judging by what I see in the pic the genius who hooked it up probably didn't use propane rated hose.

Figure that out, replace the hoses as needed CORRECTLY so the machine don't catch fire.

​​​​​​​Better question, where do you intend to keep the fire extinguisher handy?
                Franz, you obviously have a lot of knowledge and a lot to offer this forum. I always read your posts for the technical content, and the technical content of this post is no exception. I don't know if the OP even knew he needed to provide liquid rather than gaseous propane to the engine; now he does. Maybe he didn't know you need to be sure to use propane rated hose; now he does. Fire hazards with hokey propane setups are real. Good advice. . However, your first sentence here is completely out of line, and not welcome here. The man came with a legitimate question, looking for some assistance because he doesn't know everything, and you have to start off with disparaging remarks. Your have the potential to add a lot to this forum, but your slimy comments like that are not needed and don't help anyone. I, and many others, have been helping people figure things out here for years, in a generally positive, upbeat manner. This sort of comment will only discourage people who are honestly looking for help. This is the first time in five years I have ever posted a comment like this, but I feel like I just have to say something. Show a little respect.

Comment

Better question, where do you intend to keep the fire extinguisher handy?
                  Glad you are such a smart guy. I don't even know why you waste your time on the internet .
                  I am looking for Assistance from someone who has experience in miller bobcat welders with propane setups, not just @$$ hole comments
                  so if you cant bring anything to the table please excuse yourself.
                  Thanks

Comment

I await the arrival of retainer checks from both Aeronca and notenough.
                    Pending that arrival feel free to seek advice from the resident gasbag expert.

Comment

You are not going to find anything on the propane set up in Miller books. You need to find the spec # on the silver tag on the side of the engine and go to Kohler. I haver a used stock evaporator and regulator for that machine. Those 2 parts run about $900 new. As far as the wiring I see, he replaced the blocking diode but didn't tape it back up

Comment

Originally posted by 1997CST View Post
                        You are not going to find anything on the propane set up in Miller books. You need to find the spec # on the silver tag on the side of the engine and go to Kohler. I haver a used stock evaporator and regulator for that machine. Those 2 parts run about $900 new. As far as the wiring I see, he replaced the blocking diode but didn't tape it back up
                        I have found the Kohler parts list with the vaporizer,Regulator and carb but it doesn't show the supply line from tank to solenoid
                        also Do you know the part # on the blocking diode or size for replacement so i can repair the harness

Comment

The diode is 070250. I think the last time I ordered the hose from the bottle I had to call Miller Service.
                          800-558-3517

Comment

Working...
                          X