Tensioner on Millermatic 350P

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tensioner on Millermatic 350P

Hey guys, my shop just recently got me a millermatic 350p, im having problems setting the wire drive tension, under the hood it almost looks like its pulsing. Im guessing it could be the tension. I noticed on a lot of set up videos there is only one drive wheel, on the new machine theres two sets of two. Im wondering if anyone is familiar with this machine, and if I can bypass a set of these, prolly not im just throwing **** to the wall til it sticks. Id appreciate any commentary and or links.

Thanks

Maybe its on Pulse Mode?
    Bob Wright

Spool Gun conversion. How To Do It. Below.
    http://www.millerwelds.com/resources...php?albumid=48

Comment

Liner could be kinked, tip wore or has a burr something else to check for. What wire are you running?...Bob
      Bob Wright

Spool Gun conversion. How To Do It. Below.
      http://www.millerwelds.com/resources...php?albumid=48

Comment

Is it a 350 P aluminum machine?

Does the manual suggest putting different wire tension pressures Click image for larger version

Name:	Millermatic 350P Wire Drive (1).jpg
Views:	62
Size:	58.5 KB
ID:	599720 on the front and back wire tensioning screws? Try adjusting the front wire tensioner down more than the rear wire tensioner screw and see if that helps.

Comment

Adjusting the front drive roll to a different tension than the back roll did the trick!! Thanks man

Comment

Originally posted by MIGmunkeeChris View Post
            Adjusting the front drive roll to a different tension than the back roll did the trick!! Thanks man
            You are very welcome Chris, glad you got that great piece of welding equipment running they way it should, . but Franz deserves all the credit, I'm a long time student of his problem solving .coms, be safe and good welding.

Comment

Working...
            X