Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What type of game or property cameras send pics to a smart phone.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What type of game or property cameras send pics to a smart phone.

I want to buy a property camera that I can call and have pics sent to a smart phone or my computer, if there are such cameras, I only find game cameras, but none of them mention sending pics to a phone. Thanks.

Will this camera has access to 110 power?
    Any security camera that I know of has an app for viewing the video.
    Richard
    West coast of Florida

Comment

Originally posted by Ltbadd View Post
      Will this camera has access to 110 power?
      Any security camera that I know of has an app for viewing the video.
      Lt it's powered by AA batteries. Maybe I'm mixing them up, thanks for bringing up security cameras.
      Last edited by tackit; 07-18-2019, 05:47 PM.

Comment

I use Vivint Smart Home Security. Their cameras have live streaming to smart devices through their app. The DVR records 24/7 for up to 30 days worth of footage. I can even talk to the cameras as they have built-in miniature speakers. I know it's not a direct answer to your question, but perhaps you can look into what cameras they use, and look for the vendor/mfg who might also sell them through a different channel to end-users.
        Last edited by OscarJr; 07-18-2019, 07:01 PM.
        HTP Invertig221 D.V. Water-cooled
        HTP Pro Pulse 300 MIG
        HTP Pro Pulse 200 MIG x2
        HTP Pro Pulse 220 MTS
        HTP Inverarc 200 TLP water cooled
        HTP Microcut 875SC

Comment

Couple of these riding around in vans I know of.
          First class all the way.
          https://www.arlo.com/en-us/products/...o/default.aspx

Van door opens camera goes to work sending picture and calling the phones assigned. Even sends GPS location.

Comment

If you don't have access to power and must use batteries then so be it, just be ready for that expense. You may need to invest in rechargeable batteries and a charger
            Richard
            West coast of Florida

Comment

Originally posted by OscarJr View Post
              I use Vivint Smart Home Security. Their cameras have live streaming to smart devices through their app. The DVR records 24/7 for up to 30 days worth of footage. I can even talk to the cameras as they have built-in miniature speakers. I know it's not a direct answer to your question, but perhaps you can look into what cameras they use, and look for the vendor/mfg who might also sell them through a different channel to end-users.
              Good lead, Thank you Oscar.

Comment

Originally posted by Franz© View Post
                Couple of these riding around in vans I know of.
                First class all the way.
                https://www.arlo.com/en-us/products/...o/default.aspx

Van door opens camera goes to work sending picture and calling the phones assigned. Even sends GPS location.
                Thanks Franz, another option to look into.

Comment

Originally posted by Ltbadd View Post
                  If you don't have access to power and must use batteries then so be it, just be ready for that expense. You may need to invest in rechargeable batteries and a charger
                  I have a older but nice battery charger and rechargeable batteries if it comes down to heavy battery usage, some cameras I've seen though are advertising their batteries last up to to 9 months .

Comment

I suspect any IP camera should be viewable on a smart phone if you have the right software and password...

Comment

2 types of cameras and which you choose depends on the job you want it to do.
                      Type A camera runs all the time and employs a chip to watch the picture for motion. Advantage is you can define where in the picture you want to sense motion and generate activations. This is a heavy consumer of electrons and not preferable when running from battery.

Type B the camera itself remains quiescent and doesn't draw current. A PIR sensor in the housing looks for infrared temperature changes and activates the camera when infrared motion is sensed. Disadvantage, you can't select where you want the trigger in field of view. Advantage, lower power consumption.

Comment

Working...
                      X