Trying to run older cobramatic feeder with my 250 syncrowave machine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trying to run older cobramatic feeder with my 250 syncrowave machine

Have had cobramatic for many years running on a Miller cp 200, works good, tried it on the syncrowave and couldn't get the contractor to kick in, am using pins a and b in the 14 pin plug and the cobra in the closing contact mode, all the switches on the syncrowave except the 14 pin in the off position, put it back on the 200 and it works fine, used the tig on the syncrowave and it works fine, I'm missing somthing here. Object here is to eliminate the 200 as it takes up a lot of room and the onely thing i use it for is the cobra, and the 30A feeder that is also on it would be better if it was $$$ to spend on other things

I could well be mistaken, but I don't think you can? The Miller CP200 is constant potential or constant voltage, the Syncrowave Constant Current. Could be what your missing but again, I could be mistaken on the capabilities of the Cobramatic?

Comment

Noel called it.
      Add in that Cobras can be a bit finicky to get happily married to a machine and you probably got a NoGo.

Comment

it will not work

Comment

Thanks for. The input, guess the old 200 is going to be around for a while, at least till I get the current project welded up (a miny jet boat powered by a 150 or so horse power jet ski engine) has anyone else noticed that some of our very best ideas don't work at all

Comment

Originally posted by Rbforty View Post
            has anyone else noticed that some of our very best ideas don't work at all
            Always...Bob
            Bob Wright

Spool Gun conversion. How To Do It. Below.
            http://www.millerwelds.com/resources...php?albumid=48

Comment

Originally posted by aametalmaster View Post

Always...Bob
              They work well on Time & Material jobs.

Comment

Working...
              X