Show us your mama's 38

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Show us your mama's 38

This was my moma's 38, living in Gary until the late 60's, she and my dad carried all the time, even before gun permits were allowed in the state, my dad carried a Pocket Colt 32 Click image for larger version

Name:	S&W 38 Special.JPG
Views:	124
Size:	76.5 KB
ID:	598828 .

Looks like a nickle plated Model 15.

Your Mom have big hands?

Comment

Originally posted by Franz© View Post
      Looks like a nickle plated Model 15.

Your Mom have big hands?
      The grips are small, perfect for a woman to hold..

Comment

My low serial number S&W 44 special 696 has larger grips, I bought it as soon as they were made available.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f5Y56F1VtcM

Comment

How about Mama in the 38 Tack.
          Another Applefest activity, the car show.

She adamantly refused to drive it to work at the Hospital. Probably trying to conn me into driving and dropping her at the front door. Hurts my knees too much to drive it. Even claimed she couldn't remember how to drive a stick, especially one with RH steering and LH shift. Woman put over 125k on a VW Bug and claims she forgot how to shift. Even grumbled about the door handles needing resilvering. No chrome on that car, all silvered, even the bud vase holders.

I found the back seat far more roomy and comfortable. Seats 6 back there if you squeeze a bit and nobody's fat. With 4 there's plenty of room to stretch out & nap.

Comment

Originally posted by Franz© View Post
            How about Mama in the 38 Tack.
            Another Applefest activity, the car show.

She adamantly refused to drive it to work at the Hospital. Probably trying to conn me into driving and dropping her at the front door. Hurts my knees too much to drive it. Even claimed she couldn't remember how to drive a stick, especially one with RH steering and LH shift. Woman put over 125k on a VW Bug and claims she forgot how to shift. Even grumbled about the door handles needing resilvering. No chrome on that car, all silvered, even the bud vase holders.

I found the back seat far more roomy and comfortable. Seats 6 back there if you squeeze a bit and nobody's fat. With 4 there's plenty of room to stretch out & nap.

I looked at pics of the car show, there were some really nice cars there,,, even the Cops were there showing off their new Polaris 4X4.

Is that one of Henry's $5 an hour Fords? The old girl she needs to get out of the car, get loose and do the Charleston for this years Apple Fest attendees,

Comment

That day, in that condition that vehicle cost me $58,000. It was a bargain. Included garage space for as long as I wished to store it at the 15 car garage with its dozen companions. 7 of the companions are Bentleys and 5 are Rolls. All 13 were bought in terrible condition and rebuilt by a master craftsman who taught his skills to 2 sons and a grandson. I helped him glue a few tow trucks together.

Back in the 60s he bought a Brockway road tractor to build his first heavy. It was patterned on a Holmes with double booms and double drum winch and I talked him into putting a landing gear on for difficult recoverys. Build is coming along nicely and I walk in to find the old boy depressed and staring at the truck from a creeper. He'd been staring for an hour trying to figure out linkage to work the clutch from back at the winch controls. I ask what he has against compressed air and sketch it on the floor with my soapstone. Next day I walk in and he's madder than a wet hen. He mounted a brake diaphram and chain just like I sketched, and the clutch slammed in. He didn't like not being able to ease it in. I open the cab door and point to the spike on the steering column. I decided I needed to be someplace else when the creeper flew across the shop.

He wasn't famed for thinking outside of the box, but he did build his new shop inside the building he bought cheap cause it was old and sorry. Village fathers gave him crap, wanted the old torn down and gave him crap about how the new building should look. John laid blocks up inside the building for over a year, and refused to even paint outside. Couple years pass and the village serves him with an Order to repair or Demolish. He had Braton bring the Bay City over with the clamshell and removed the roof followed by the walls. Village Admin is sitting in his office gloating. Village goober got royally annoyed when he went home and saw the block building sitting there. Came in the shop and fumed. John holds the Order and tells him he complied to the letter.

Hilton had an unscheduled fireworks show that afternoon.
              Block building is still there, and when you been Ordered to Repair or Demolish it turns out you DON'T need a Permit or Zoning Hearing.
              Time to time you gotta make a point.

The lady in pink ain't Charleston material. Chicken dance, Polka even Waltz but I'd rule out Charleston or anything beyond wild swinging of a pole, probably at my head. She only stands 5 feet nuttin, and if you notice she's sitting way forward on the back seat so her feet touch the floor. We didn't tell her about the foot stool being moveable.

Comment

Working...
              X