One of my nicest projects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One of my nicest projects

This is one of the nicest projects I ever built, the milling was needed to lower the flange on the one channel iron so the table would be level and square across. To get the old 10 ton porta power cylinder and new air over hydraulic pump to connect, I had to buy a $14? adapter. The rest of the slide show is pretty much self explanatory. thanks for looking. http://s1298.photobucket.com/user/cy...0Power%20Press

You guys and the fancy stuff. I'm going to have to up my game. All I have to show is a lousy wrench. Served it's purpose, and while it's some weld and fab, I don't think grinding and paint will bring in close the big leagues you're rolling in equipping the shop. Looks pretty and pretty darn good.
    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Noel View Post
      You guys and the fancy stuff. I'm going to have to up my game. All I have to show is a lousy wrench. Served it's purpose, and while it's some weld and fab, I don't think grinding and paint will bring in close the big leagues you're rolling in equipping the shop. Looks pretty and pretty darn good.
      Good idea Noel, I'll have to remember that ifn' I get in a pinch.

Comment

I'll see that wrench and raise you a wrench extender

Comment

Originally posted by Franz© View Post
          I'll see that wrench and raise you a wrench extender
          good one Franz, it looks like it could be made to bend square and round bar stock too.

Comment

I got the poor boy universal kind of wrench extender, called a big pipe. I like the design however, pretty slick.

Comment

I got the poor boy universal kind of wrench extender, called a big pipe. I like the design however, pretty slick.
              A couple of those are in my inventory. After a quick lesson in pipe wrench extension one day I drilled mine and installed a tent stake pin that indexes the pipe wrench handle.

Comment

Credits to a guy who find solutions to the problems.

Comment

Credits to a guy who find solutions to the problems.
                  That's Franz alright, If you need answers to a problem or discuss options he's the go to guy.

Comment

Franz, got an Idea how to make a flag weight which doesn't clang when it hits the pole. I have been thinking about a capped 1 1/2" piece of PCV about 8" long filled with pieces of 1/4 inch rod I have in stock with an eye bolt at the top for hooking the weight to the flag, but I'm not sure it won't clang like a steel weight would. If I had a motorcycle inner tube I was thinking I could stretch a few layers the PVC. What I need is something made of rubber that size, but I can 't think of anything that would work..

Comment

Ya remember what a window weight is Tack?
                      Get yerself a cast window weight and drive by the local firehouse for a couple feet of castoff 1½ hose from the crosslay bunk and it'll fit right together. Tell them firemen Ryan sent ya and they should just chop a hunk off for you.

Then you get all fancy and stitch the ends up with a sail needle and some lacing twine.

Comment

Ya, and get fired because I gave away a piece of hose we were gonna throw away....nah. It's a different environment these days. Everything is accounted for, unless it's something important or hard to track or belongs on one of the chief's cars. But the rest of us, now we are held to a different standard. Accountability of consumable items is far more important than accounting for durable and sensitive items. They spend more time counting our boxes of medical gloves than they do keeping track of the $25k heart monitors we have on every apparatus. We can't have someone appropriating some medical gloves, that would be a tragedy.

Comment

Just give Tack the address for the hose depot so he can borrow a ladder and a demo pole and fish his own out of the dumpster.

Grab a full length Tack so you can make up a snatchin strap to look really good on your rock crawling swivel frame Dodge Power Wagon too.

Word must have reached Texas about how upset Rochester's Mayor got when the Chief of Equipment dumpstered all the used turnout gear and the downtown winos hauled it out to form their own Department. That whole deal got blown out of proportion when the Winos stood in traffic in their turnouts conducting their version of Fill the Boot.

Comment

Originally posted by Franz© View Post
                            Just give Tack the address for the hose depot so he can borrow a ladder and a demo pole and fish his own out of the dumpster.

Grab a full length Tack so you can make up a snatchin strap to look really good on your rock crawling swivel frame Dodge Power Wagon too.

Word must have reached Texas about how upset Rochester's Mayor got when the Chief of Equipment dumpstered all the used turnout gear and the downtown winos hauled it out to form their own Department. That whole deal got blown out of proportion when the Winos stood in traffic in their turnouts conducting their version of Fill the Boot.
                            I have a sail needle and some 50 lb and 20 lb monofilement fishing line to sew it up with. I'll call a window repair shop and see if I can get and old window weight from them, thanks again Franz.

"the Winos stood in traffic in their turnouts conducting their version of Fill the Boot" Got to watch them poor peoplez, they be slicker than a box of fully digested Clark bars.

Comment

That's the problem right there, you have a "chief" in charge of equipment.

Comment

Working...
                              X