https://www.corrosionpedia.com/defin...aying-surfaces

Wow.

There's a term for everything.
    if there's a welder, there's a way

Comment

Originally posted by Olivero View Post
      Wow.

There's a term for everything.
      Sure seems that way, I'm going on 74 and have never heard the term faying used before.

I was looking at " Difference between DCEN and DCEP Polarities, 4th item down" is where I came across the term faying. Finally got the right link to post. http://www.difference.minaprem.com/category/joining/

Click image for larger version  Name:	Capture faying.JPG Views:	0 Size:	28.1 KB ID:	598815.
      Last edited by tackit; 07-02-2019, 08:18 PM.

Comment

And used in a sentence... The faying surfaces during repair of a bronze valve casting should be tight fitting, clean, properly prepped, and well fluxed before welding with a suitable silver brazing alloy?

Not used in a sentence...
        The surfaces during repair of a bronze valve casting should be tight fitting, clean, properly prepped, and well fluxed before welding with a suitable silver brazing alloy?

Yup. A word worth remembering.

Comment

Originally posted by Noel View Post
          And used in a sentence... The faying surfaces during repair of a bronze valve casting should be tight fitting, clean, properly prepped, and well fluxed before welding with a suitable silver brazing alloy?

The surfaces during repair of a bronze valve casting should be tight fitting, clean, properly prepped, and well fluxed before welding with a suitable silver brazing alloy?

Yup. A word worth remembering.
          That makes it even easier to understand Noel, but I found the term used in an arc welding related paragraph, which makes the term a bit more exotic, to me anyway..

Comment

And used in a sentence... The faying surfaces of the root land may require an increment of gap depending on the material thickness to aid in achieving penetration through the depth of the faying surface.

The surfaces of the root land may require an increment of gap depending on the material thickness to aid in achieving penetration through the depth of the surface.

Yup. Exotic and a word worth remembering.

Comment

Looks like one of them words made up by a drunk draftsman seeing if he can slip something over on the enginincompoop.

A faying surface is one of the surfaces that are in contact at a joint. Faying surfaces may be connected to each other by bolts or rivets, adhesives, welding, or soldering. An example would be steel pipe flanges, in which the connected ends of the flanges would be faying surfaces.

Similar in nature to slipping deer turds into tech manuals to see if the editor is awake in days before search function on word processors.

Comment

Originally posted by Franz© View Post
                Looks like one of them words made up by a drunk draftsman seeing if he can slip something over on the enginincompoop.

A faying surface is one of the surfaces that are in contact at a joint. Faying surfaces may be connected to each other by bolts or rivets, adhesives, welding, or soldering. An example would be steel pipe flanges, in which the connected ends of the flanges would be faying surfaces.

Similar in nature to slipping deer turds into tech manuals to see if the editor is awake in days before search function on word processors.
                Yeah, It's like all them goofy pronouns for a Man and a Woman we are to use or be arrested and be put behind bars for upsetting a certifiable nut job.

Comment

Are you pickin on my new speechifin intro line?
                  "Ladies, gentlemen, boys girls, unsures and in process switcheroos it's nice to be here with you tonight"

I think I got all the bases covered.

Comment

Originally posted by Franz© View Post
                    Are you pickin on my new speechifin intro line?
                    "Ladies, gentlemen, boys girls, unsures and in process switcheroos it's nice to be here with you tonight"

I think I got all the bases covered.
                    You're a great American Franz, it needs you for pronoun enforcer.

Comment

Eschew the use of the dreaded vertical personal pronoun whenever possible Tack.

Comment

I'm shamelessly stealing "in process switcheroos." Although I gotta be careful, living in Portland and all....
                        https://gallivantingcraftsman.com/

Comment

Originally posted by GreenPantheon View Post
                          I'm shamelessly stealing "in process switcheroos." Although I gotta be careful, living in Portland and all....
                          Don't expect any love or support from me, and stay the fuk away from my grand-kids.

Comment

I don't think he's collecting "in process switcheroos" I think he intends to commandeer the term.

---Meltedmetal
                            ---Meltedmetal

Comment

How long will Portland survive between ANTIFA and ProudBoys?
                              Will the Mayor restrict carry out milkshakes to less than 4 ounces for safety?
                              Will the Main Stream Media actually carry reports of Portland?
                              Will they blame it all on an increase in temperature of the Japanese Current caused by Globull warming?

On the other hand, I'm finding multiple uses foot Tack's word of the day.
                              Later I'll confer with a structural Enginincompoop (target designer) to see if he can provide strength numbers comparing a welded faying connection and a Blacksmith welded connection.
                              This single word could annoy multitudes before 2020 arrives.

Comment

Working...
                              X