HF Parts Washer Mods

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HF Parts Washer Mods

I didn't like the thin legs the washer came with and the washer was to high for me, so I had the steel supplier bend me some 11 gauge legs,added the tool box folding shelf..... and I seen a filter project that looked kind of cool so I did that to it too. I was going to put a settling/separation tank on the bottom shelf and pump the cleaning solution up to the wet parts brush,, but I got lazy and decided not to do it.

I posted the link so it can be shown as a slide show, for those not familiar with the slide show, it's changing of pictures can be adjusted down at the bottom right side of the page

http://s1298.photobucket.com/user/cy...0WASHER%20MODS
    Last edited by tackit; 07-02-2019, 05:00 AM.

I'm past the cleaning degreasing stage on a lot of parts at this point, but I like what you've done.

Comment

Originally posted by Noel View Post
      I'm past the cleaning degreasing stage on a lot of parts at this point, but I like what you've done.
      It was mostly a project MOD, I got in a project mood and couldn't help myself, thanks Noel for your like comment.

Comment

Having stood at a poorly heighted parts washer cleaning the years of gunk off I'd be inclined to think it's a modification worth doing. I tend to postpone my comfort for the sake of getting the dirty job done, and spending as much time as I have glass beading parts lately, I can see how modifications to the cabinet could be done to improve my personal comfort doing the work.
        The side tray was a very good idea, the one below...mine came with one so in the off season I have a place to store the fluids when the tank is cleaned out and more settling occurs to remove the gunge a lack of a filter provides that you have well thought out. Adding the castors was a smart move.
        These days it's all about clean.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5794.JPG
Views:	153
Size:	81.6 KB
ID:	598778

Comment

Good job. Like most things from horrible freight, you have to make some adjustments, but you pretty much made a whole new parts washer. I recently gave mine away because I hardly ever used it. Yesterday I needed to use one. Figures.

Today I went to use a friend's horrible freight blasting cabinet. It gave me such a case of the screamin' redass that I packed my parts up and dropped them off at the powder coater so he can sand blast them.

Comment

Originally posted by ryanjones2150 View Post
            Good job. Like most things from horrible freight, you have to make some adjustments, but you pretty much made a whole new parts washer. I recently gave mine away because I hardly ever used it. Yesterday I needed to use one. Figures.

Today I went to use a friend's horrible freight blasting cabinet. It gave me such a case of the screamin' redass that I packed my parts up and dropped them off at the powder coater so he can sand blast them.
            Thanks Ryan, being it was new and clean I had the desire to improve on the HF design.
            I boughi 3 filters off Amazon that were cosmetically not perfect for $4 a piece. I don't use it much so the filters should last me a long while.

Things I would do differently? I would use a whole house pre-water filter instead of the GM truck filter.

https://www.amazon.com/Pentek-150233...E0CEVQ941T4VY3
            Last edited by tackit; 07-02-2019, 12:33 PM.

Comment

Cosmetically not perfect? That's the story of my life. But I'm still prettier than Olivero.

Comment

Originally posted by ryanjones2150 View Post
                Cosmetically not perfect? That's the story of my life. But I'm still prettier than Olivero.
                But Olivero don't swipe my Clark bars.

Comment

Working...
                X