X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Happy Birthday Canada

152 years old today and still kicking.

Hang in there guys!

On behalf of the Canadian population, thank you. However, because we can't be trusted with fire crackers, bottle rockets, or AK 47's, we'll have to wait till 11pm for the government display of fire works to make it official with smoke, sparklers and a few loud bangs.

Comment

WHAT?
      When did you loose fireworks?
      I gave my sainted Mother cardiac palpitations as a yute from NY by removing access panels in the trunk of her Chevy ans packing Canadian fireworks intro the cavitys and then replacing the panels on the return trip from CNE in Toronto.
      I told her it was reasonable recompense for making me walk around that Ontario Hydro flower clock and listen to the bells.

You should be able to obtain any of the listed items from the gents with 6 rolls of toilet paper wrapped around their heads at Toronto Airport.

Comment

Originally posted by Noel View Post
        On behalf of the Canadian population, thank you. However, because we can't be trusted with fire crackers, bottle rockets, or AK 47's, we'll have to wait till 11pm for the government display of fire works to make it official with smoke, sparklers and a few loud bangs.
        Noel Is the power house up river from the falls and the barge still there that broke lose and luckily ran aground on a pile of rocks.... which prevented it from going over the falls with men on board?

Comment

Wrong town or city. Edmonton doesn't have water falls unless it the rainbow of lights lighting the drinking water falling from the high level bridge?

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/edmon...lors-1.2601311

As it was, around 11pm I heard the pops off in the distance and thought, time for bed.

Comment

Eh !!

Comment

Tack, you went and confused them celebrating Canadians. They don't know what electricity is, they call it Hydro.

They don't have Power Houses either, in Canada them big buildings below the d a m are called Hydro stations. They even buried a couple nice ones over by Niagara Falls because they only made 25hz.

Comment

I think we have an East/West translation thing going on. Out West it's gas, oil, water, electricity. The four elements of life. Somewhere after Manitoba it goes Hydro? One of those things, like kissing your cousin? A little weird but it's in the family.

Comment

Noel, that might account for why they didn't let the West into Canada when HRM ordered Canada assembled into a Dominion.

I still tend to favor disassembling the current mess, giving Quebec to France regardless what Quebec & France desire, make Toronto area independent, and the rest of you can have guns and firecrackers.

Comment

Working...
                  X