Miller engine drive problems for techs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Miller engine drive problems for techs

OK, having oodles of problems with the small tywraps that Miller likes to use. These are not good Tywraps and they are extra tight. What happens is that they work harden and bite trough the cables. This can cause ground faults., take out $$$$ boards, and make a extreme amount of electrical noise. if you have a machine open, kindly remove them ALL. Having a lot of troubles withe the Pipepro's Pro's and the 325's. i don't do much static machine work, but probably the same problems. As a Tech, I've notified Miller on many occasions. If you want to rewrap the bundles use the Blue Arctic brand. Doesn't heat / cold Work harden. Lincoln doesn't have this problem, but they are another ball game all together.

Thanks for the heads up.

Comment

Gee. I wonder how mucho Dollero an unnamed company makes from building that warranty timer into machines.

Where's my marlin twine?

When did Blue ever listen to any information coming from the field? The EEOC girls have no mechanism to poke it into the BluePuter.

Comment

I only buy the black UV resistant tie wraps.
        Lincoln Idealarc 250
        Miller Bobcat 250
        Thermal Arc Hefty 2 feeder
        Thermal Dynamics Cutmaster 52
        Torchmate CNC table

Comment

Originally posted by cruizer View Post
          OK, having oodles of problems with the small tywraps that Miller likes to use. These are not good Tywraps and they are extra tight. What happens is that they work harden and bite trough the cables. This can cause ground faults., take out $$$$ boards, and make a extreme amount of electrical noise. if you have a machine open, kindly remove them ALL. Having a lot of troubles withe the Pipepro's Pro's and the 325's. i don't do much static machine work, but probably the same problems. As a Tech, I've notified Miller on many occasions. If you want to rewrap the bundles use the Blue Arctic brand. Doesn't heat / cold Work harden. Lincoln doesn't have this problem, but they are another ball game all together.
          Thanks!
          Good to know!

Griff

Comment

Lincoln cut their wires to the millimeter in length. So their problem is wiring too tight. Pins pull out, vibrations cause problems and it's impossible to get your hand in there and work on them. Thanks for the heads up on those wire ties. Tossed my supply in the trash.

Comment

Working...
            X