Miller and the Mexico Connection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Miller and the Mexico Connection

Read the below comment about Miller sending thousands of jobs to Mexico on a political website, can someone offer facts as to what is going on?.

"Why is Evers letting Illinois Tool Works (owner of Miller Electric) move thousands of jobs out of Wisconsin to Mexico? He's not even trying to keep those jobs in the USA" .

Seems like all the good jobs are moving to Mexico and will be going there from now on, puzzling why Immigrants want to come here when the good jobs from now on are going to be heading home to Mexico.

Last edited by tackit; 06-25-2019, 12:49 PM.

ITW has been global for over 10 years Tack. They will go where labor is cheapest.

The time has come for the Government to stay out of private business beyond minimizing regulations and additional costs to stay in AmeriKa.
    Government has Bankrupted itself and by extension the taxpayer with giveaway programs to get and keep jobs. Look at NY for an example. State & sub-municipal governments have donated millions of future tax Dollars for jobs only to see the recipient business crap out without the dreamt of jobs coming, let alone staying. Without those jobs there is no tax revenue to pay the bills. Other taxpayers get to pick the cost up & taxes go up. Those existing taxpayers can't shoulder the additional load so they sell out & move out.

New jobs sound like a good thing till the cost of that new job gets looked at 5 years out. There are already too many hogs at the troth gobbling available tax Dollars.

Read up on the ITW 80/20 policy and you quickly see the reason for many things the parent company does.
    If the move affected EEOC points it might be a different issue.

Comment

Sad deal. I am willing to pay more for domestically made products, and I work hard to do that.

Comment

A good paying job in Mexico does not always produce a better quality of life than a lower paying line of work here in the USA. You could offer me a $500k/yr job in Mexico, and I would turn it down flat, for the quality of life I live over here is worth more than any monetary compensation.
        HTP Invertig221 D.V. Water-cooled
        HTP Pro Pulse 300 MIG
        HTP Pro Pulse 200 MIG x2
        HTP Pro Pulse 220 MTS
        HTP Inverarc 200 TLP water cooled
        HTP Microcut 875SC

Comment

I've only been to Mexico once, when my wife and I got married. We stayed at an all inclusive resort. It was very expensive. We saved for a year to make that trip. If Mexico is like that resort, I'm in for moving. Something tells me that it's a fairy tale though. Not sure why, just a gut feeling.

Comment

Mexico is capable of production at a certain level, and not much higher.
            I contend that is largely due to the lack of minimally 2 successive generations in industry.

Back in the days of Kodak cardboard box film cameras, much engineering went into making the camera reloadable and reusable, much as the original Kodak camera had been. The cameras were cycled through Rochester for a number of years and the rate of reuse was well over 90%.

Due to a number of factors, NY TAXES and work rules being paramount, Kodak moved that line to Mexico. Even with more investment to find and train a workforce there, the recycle rate rarely got above 60%. The needed work force simply couldn't be built.

There are currently many reports of "Reman" vehicle alternators being defective upon reaching customer hands. People who have opened these alternators up say the only rebuilding was done on the outside of the case.

Offshore work force is only cost effective when sufficient inspection on the work floor can be and is included.

For those too young to remember, when the Twin Towers of WTC were built, the overgrown chain saw that cut foundation wall openings to bed rock came from France with French operators. Every inch of the steel skelitons came from Japan, fabricated, inspected, painted and numbered for staging and ********.
            Bethlehem Steel about 100 miles from the WTC couldn't roll the raw steel for 1.5 times the cost of fabricated steel delivered to the staging point from Japan. Since then US costs have minimally doubled due to politicians and do gooders.
            It's been a world economy & market for a long time.

Comment

WHY does this site ***** out the word E R E C T I O N?

Comment

Originally posted by ryanjones2150 View Post
                I've only been to Mexico once, when my wife and I got married. We stayed at an all inclusive resort. It was very expensive. We saved for a year to make that trip. If Mexico is like that resort, I'm in for moving. Something tells me that it's a fairy tale though. Not sure why, just a gut feeling.
                fairy tale. I can tell you that for a fact. Resorts/Vacation spots are one thing. The rest is well...just that..something else. I've lived on [this side of] the border most of my life, and have known plenty of people from Mexico, who now legally live and work here. They're still here. Not a single one plans to move back. There's a reason for that.
                HTP Invertig221 D.V. Water-cooled
                HTP Pro Pulse 300 MIG
                HTP Pro Pulse 200 MIG x2
                HTP Pro Pulse 220 MTS
                HTP Inverarc 200 TLP water cooled
                HTP Microcut 875SC

Comment

It's going to be interesting to see how lower wages do to global competition..... and gigantic utility rate hikes due to green legislation is going to work out..

I think the days of going back to living without air-conditioning, gas and electric heat, having an abundance of food on store shelves and watching the unemployed and starving again strip the siding off un-rented and foreclosed homes to burn to keep warm and cook over, are not very far off for many folks, like they say, history repeats itself and I believe it does.

I imagine many laid off workers today are forced to commit crimes of all types to stay alive. I see big big winners and bigger and bigger losers in the coming globalist scheming Green years.

There is not one of the worlds central bankers who has the little man's and his nation's welfare on their minds when they jet off to their Bilderberg meetings around the world, they just keep repeating their rising boat lifts everyone bullshiiit story over and over while they secretly make their money drops to their bought and paid for legislators in DC's dark alleyways, just like they have been doing since the country was started.
                  Last edited by tackit; 06-25-2019, 06:25 PM.

Comment

Long as the Cable and personal devices keep working everything will be fine.

Back in 91 we had a 13 day outage from an ice storm. Kind of funny to watch people with generator equipped campers in the driveway shiver and freeze the house up because the generator & camper were winterized and they didn't know how to summerize them.

I sure wish I had 10 bucks for every time I heard a Diplomated Credentialed fellow who assured me he was better than me tell me something was outside of his discipline. We're about neck deep in people got another 20 years to pay for the education that rendered them flat stupid. Everything needs to be done by a Professional now. Odd thing is I keep noticing most of the "Professionals" doing the actual work are 19-20 year old kids who need money.

Comment

Just the other day I needed a new starter for my Jeep. As a general rule, I don't like reman starters and alternators, but that was all the parts house had, hecho in Mexico. Next day, riding around with a new starter, dadgum thing just about caught fire. **** the Jeep off when I got where I was going but the starter was just spinnin away down there. Beat on the solenoid to no avail. In the time it took me the climb out from under that Jeep and get my tire iron, the starter was already smoking. Popped the battery cable off the terminal with the tire iron, let her cool down and got her home. Put the old, sometimes doesn't work starter on and ordered a brand new one from rockauto.

Comment

Just the other day I needed a new starter for my Jeep. As a general rule, I don't like reman starters and alternators, but that was all the parts house had, hecho in Mexico. Next day, riding around with a new starter, dadgum thing just about caught fire. Shut the Jeep off when I got where I was going but the starter was just spinnin away down there. Beat on the solenoid to no avail. In the time it took me the climb out from under that Jeep, loft the hood and get my tire iron, the starter was already smoking. Popped the battery cable off the terminal with the tire iron, let her cool down and got her home. Put the old, sometimes doesn't work starter, back on and ordered a brand new one from rockauto.

Comment

Apparently the system here and I feel so strongly about not getting reman starters we posted it up twice.

You're welcome.

Comment

My 2017 bobcat has the machine I'd tag in both English and Chinese writing.
                            Lincoln Idealarc 250
                            Miller Bobcat 250
                            Thermal Arc Hefty 2 feeder
                            Thermal Dynamics Cutmaster 52
                            Torchmate CNC table

Comment

Mandarin or Cantonese?

Comment

Working...
                              X