What's in your garage?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stuff is way more important than junk.

Unless it’s rusty junk, then it’s a push.

Comment

The word is spelled "JUNQUE" Texas Clark bar thief!

Rust can be electroplated off Junque with relative ease.
      The Junque then becomes inventory of in house stock for future projects, some of which I ain't thought of yet.

A real man knows how to arrange Junque in the shop so the female of the residence doesn't ask. Properly configured Junque will keep her outside the shop ringing the @#% bell made from a retired SCBA tank for her safety & sanity.

She has her own quilting/reading room. I only go in there to service the sewing machine and prove it will sew after hearing "son of a beach" following cessation of sewing.

Comment

Originally posted by Franz© View Post
        The word is spelled "JUNQUE" Junque will keep her outside the shop ringing the @#% bell made from a retired SCBA tank for her safety & sanity.

She has her own quilting/reading room. I only go in there to service the sewing machine and prove it will sew after hearing "son of a beach" following cessation of sewing.
        I just picked up 2 aluminum SCBA tanks that were sitting in a guys trash along the road. And i have 4 sewing rooms...Bob
        Bob Wright

Spool Gun conversion. How To Do It. Below.
        http://www.millerwelds.com/resources...php?albumid=48

Comment

Do you have to share YOUR sewing rooms, or was they declared insufficient to female needs?

I have visitation rights to Jan's sewing facility with the Long Neck and 2 embroidery machines but I may not touch the machines.
          Wait till she needs her boat railroad repaired again.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris401 View Post

Thanks. The F-250 does not pampered nor does it stay in Texas. It was treated to a wiring kit, heater core and door seals this past winter. Getting a complete old school drive train swap soon. Haven't drug any super heavy but I think these pictures are better than seeing them rusting in a field.
            [ATTACH=JSON]{"alt":"Click image for larger version Name:\t1525183484007.jpg Views:\t0 Size:\t11.1 KB ID:\t599244","data-align":"none","data-attachmentid":"599244","data-size":"medium"**[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=JSON]{"alt":"Click image for larger version Name:\t20180901_105947.jpg Views:\t0 Size:\t89.2 KB ID:\t599245","data-align":"none","data-attachmentid":"599245","data-size":"medium"**[/ATTACH]
            My dad bought a brand new 6' bed Custom Cab, six cylinder, two tone red and white 3 speed stick shift 1965 fleet side Ford for $1500. It was a beautiful Truck.

Comment

64 bowtie 6cyl 3 speed with posi rear end cost $1680.
              Put a CabHiCap insulated cover on the back for another $225, shipping cost as much as the cap.
              Come winter I learned to park it headed out till I got the Hearst shifter on and working.
              Come Spring I KNEW posi rears sucked on snow and ate tires.

1966 K2534 bowtie 4x4 with 17" wheels and a 283 replaced it for $4900 and they gave me $2000 for the 64.
              I ain't bothering to run the numbers through the inflation calculator.

78 half ton bandaid can with a 350 and automatic cost $4900. It held the honor of being the last new truck I'll ever buy from a "US Manufacturer" so I can pay insane benefits for UAW workers and government surcharges.
              Drunk driver got me head on in that truck and Aetna spent a fortune on his lawyers to keep from paying me.

Comment

Originally posted by Franz© View Post
                64 bowtie 6cyl 3 speed with posi rear end cost $1680.
                Put a CabHiCap insulated cover on the back for another $225, shipping cost as much as the cap.
                Come winter I learned to park it headed out till I got the Hearst shifter on and working.
                Come Spring I KNEW posi rears sucked on snow and ate tires.

1966 K2534 bowtie 4x4 with 17" wheels and a 283 replaced it for $4900 and they gave me $2000 for the 64.
                I ain't bothering to run the numbers through the inflation calculator.

78 half ton bandaid can with a 350 and automatic cost $4900. It held the honor of being the last new truck I'll ever buy from a "US Manufacturer" so I can pay insane benefits for UAW workers and government surcharges.
                Drunk driver got me head on in that truck and Aetna spent a fortune on his lawyers to keep from paying me.
                I only buy two year old cars, preferably ones that were turned in due to millage from a big name car rental company, they keep maintenance up better than most owners do. Last new truck I bought was back in 2001, paid $24,000 for it, never again, like you say I'm not the UAW members daddy. I have better things to do with money.

Bought a new 1970 Chevelle six cylinder 3 speed on the column for $2000.
                Last edited by tackit; 07-13-2019, 01:45 PM.

Comment

Bought my Mom a 66 Chevelle autoloader with a 283 under the hood in May of 66, and she got to pick out her first new car. It was around 1800 and I still have good memories of her climbing my step ladder so she could look around the storage lot full of new cars for the one she wanted without doing all that walking. 3 days later Mom had her white 4 door Chevelle with red interior and pushbutton radio sitting in the driveway. Sure would have liked to have bought her a few more.

Comment

I have this one to deal with at some point. Bring a trailer.
                    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0108.JPG
Views:	36
Size:	83.2 KB
ID:	599402

Comment

• Originally posted by Franz© View Post
                      Bought my Mom a 66 Chevelle autoloader with a 283 under the hood in May of 66, and she got to pick out her first new car. It was around 1800 and I still have good memories of her climbing my step ladder so she could look around the storage lot full of new cars for the one she wanted without doing all that walking. 3 days later Mom had her white 4 door Chevelle with red interior and pushbutton radio sitting in the driveway. Sure would have liked to have bought her a few more.
                      I taught my mom who was in her fifties how to drive in a cemetery which has wide paved roads in her first car which was a Toyota.

I find it amazing how anyone can write a $40,000 check for a new vehicle, let alone make payments on one, no jobs around here pay enough to buy one, but everyone drives new 4X4 four door pickups which will be on their last leg about the time they make their last payment. I really believe their are stupid working class people who would pay 80 or 90 grand for a new pickup if they could get the financing for one. The auto companies know the sky is the limit when it comes to pickups, that's why they keep going up in price.
                      Last edited by tackit; 07-14-2019, 04:23 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Noel View Post
                        I have this one to deal with at some point. Bring a trailer.
                        [ATTACH=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"medium","data-attachmentid":599402**[/ATTACH]
                        Do like people down here do, dig a hole and bury it like it was insured and you wanted it to go away.

Comment

• I agree. I see these young guys go out and finance 40-50 grand trucks for no reason, then dump another 4-5 thou on big wheels and tires. They clearly have poor guidance from their parents and ya older guys don’t know nuthin.

All of my vehicles are paid for. I can’t even imagine a car payment now.

Comment

• No message. Please delete
                            Last edited by Chris401; 07-14-2019, 10:15 AM.

Comment

• When I was getting started $13,000 would buy a new ranch house in Henrietta, 2 bedrooms, 100 x 90 lot with hardwood floors. Garage was either 700 or 900 extra. GI loans available. Minimum wage was just rolling out, buck an hour. Old man always said you want to put a man into Bankruptcy give him a dime raise. Master card hadn't come along yet. Took me years to figure they named it Master because somebody knew that plastic card would become Master of the working man. Still remember that crap being marketed "Now that you're making it; Manage it with Master Card".
                              Bustards nailed the working man to the cross just like Edward Bernays speculated would be done. Today there ain't sufficient crap in the pipeling to swipe Joe Sixpack's 2021 pay check, so they peddle fear. Identity Theft Protection; Home alarm systems for people with nothing to protect, and the best one, former FBI agent peddling a service to keep some crook from stealing your house from you. Doh Joe, you got 54¢ in the bank, you owe $127,972 on outstanding loans you can't Bankrupt out of, the equity in your moldy hovel is $156.79 and the biggest favor anybody could do you would be stealing that house. You got a Diploma in Basket Weaving, a fat wife sucking wine at the bowling alley, and your Dongle made you put the beer back at WaWa so you could get $3.00 of gas in the ride. Your boss treats you like a used turd cause he can, and your Res DUMMY says you'll beg for another bite of the Crap Sammich. 6 salesmen are waiting to talk to you on that $1,500 device clipped to your belt, and one wants to sell you device insurance in case the thing gets wet.

And Edward Bernays wrote the book in 1910. Don't forget your Soylent energy beverage Joe.

Comment

• I use to think fixing cars was like learning to weld, the more you did, the easier it became to do.
                                It pretty much is... and like welding, it's at times a dirty job to do. I haven't seen the inside of a service shop in years. Part of that was too save some money and it has done that. Spend too buy a tool and fixing it myself became an addiction under the guise of look what I can do for myself now saving a buck for other things. Some of that was more tools.
                                So a guy buys more tools, another tool box, bigger compressor and does more stuff and it becomes an expensive hobby. Then we look for a bigger shop.

We fix the broken, repair the damaged and refurbish the ugly. Credit to those that do, those that did, and those that still push that rock. Its what a garage is for.

That 4 door car. Hmm? I was glass beading parts for it the other day thinking what a waste of time. But nice clean parts are the way to go and the cleaner my hands stay the more I enjoy the doing. Living the dream, I'm not so sure? But it's getting cleaner and easier to do.

I can't find the tinning flux I previously mentioned having, I think I threw out the support brackets for the grill in the last scrap clean up around the place because I have searched every where and they are no where to be found, and the pile of parts wrapped in plastic is increasing. I can understand why spend large on a new anything makes some sense in the short term, but as far as an end game goes, I tell myself I'm still winning?
                                Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5868.JPG
Views:	46
Size:	97.4 KB
ID:	599428Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5888.JPG
Views:	43
Size:	97.8 KB
ID:	599429Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5916.JPG
Views:	42
Size:	95.7 KB