No announcement yet.

What's in your garage?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You lucky dog....I want one of those HTP migs you got there.

Comment

Noel, this will get you started.
      https://www.instructables.com/id/DIY...PotsPans-Inst/

Now, has that kid got about $500 to buy copper sheet?

Comment

You knuckleheads are going to the pokey.

Comment

So that's how it's done eh? I'll be darned. If someone had said it's applied like your tinning a seam for lead fill I couldn't have been more dumb founded at the news. A very informative read, thanks Franz.
          Having seen those old copper pots at 2nd hand stores and garage sales, my thought as I walked by have always been , "that's nasty". I'll be taking a second look with that knowledge in hand to give it a try in the future.
          As for the kid spending his money for copper sheet...I wish and only in his dreams. I'm not passing that idea along to him.

And if we end up in the pokey, I'm sure a cell mate like Franz would make the time go by quickly!

Comment

Unfortunately for me I don't have enough shelving space or room in the shop to keep things I don't use. to old now to care or worry about it, but I do love to eat ice cold sweet watermelon.

Comment

I'm getting to that point myself, however, I'm still piling stuff up so I'm not there yet. I do agree, you can't beat a cold slice of sweet watermelon, simple pleasures.

Comment

Originally posted by Noel View Post
                I'm getting to that point myself, however, I'm still piling stuff up so I'm not there yet. I do agree, you can't beat a cold slice of sweet watermelon, simple pleasures.
                Noel, I had some yesterday that was the sweetest watermelon I ever ate. Like you say, simple pleasures can brighten ones day.

Comment

Noel nasty pots are a walk in the park IF you know the tricks..

I grabbed a expensive set of Revereware in a sale one day for a buck because the family's child had used them camping over a wood fire and wasn't smart enough to coat the outside of the pans with Ivory soap.
                  Little woman informed me they were close to a $500 set. OK.. Too bad they were so smoked up. RIGHT.

They were very bright copper after some cleaning. Little Brasso and she was thrilled with them.

30+ years back bunch of young women and some high end chefs all wanted copper bowls. The ones they wanted were the same bowls nobody wanted when the Fanny Farmer factory auctioned off. I made a few bucks swapping scrap copper for dirty bowls and cleaning them. They tarnish a bit over 30 years, and I really need to Brasso mine.

Comment

Originally posted by ryanjones2150 View Post
                    You lucky dog....I want one of those HTP migs you got there.
                    The new one, the ProPulse 220 MTS has added SMAW functionality! Same MIG functions, and lift arc TIG, but now they gonna burn some rod! Supposedly it can't run 6010, but it does have Hot Start and Arc Force adjustment, so we'll see when mine comes in!
                    HTP Invertig221 D.V. Water-cooled
                    HTP Pro Pulse 300 MIG
                    HTP Pro Pulse 200 MIG x2
                    HTP Pro Pulse 220 MTS
                    HTP Inverarc 200 TLP water cooled
                    HTP Microcut 875SC

Comment

Originally posted by ryanjones2150 View Post
                      You knuckleheads are going to the pokey.
                      pfft I just be making Fuel Alcohol for my lawnmower and the missus is makin' essential erls.

Ed Conley
                      http://www.screamingbroccoli.net/
                      MM252
                      MM211
                      Passport Plus w/Spool Gun
                      TA185
                      Miller 125c Plasma 120v
                      O/A set
                      SO 2020 Bender
                      You can call me Bacchus

Comment

Originally posted by Broccoli1 View Post

pfft I just be making Fuel Alcohol for my lawnmower and the missus is makin' essential erls.
                        Essential earls turd won't float Ed.
                        Use a pressure cooker for that, and enjoy the show when BATF arrives.

Blessed be Brown's Alcohol Fuel Cook Book

Comment

Essential Earls, https://music.amazon.com/albums/B00138KBZ2

Comment

1 less item in my garage as of this afternoon.
                            I got rid of a 1850 watt Coleman genset some fool put at the curb for garbage day because he left it sit in a humid garage and the piston got stuck in the bore. I donated it to a young man who spends a lot of days on the road away from home keeping America's supply of Fast Slop on buns going down the necks of young children. He spends many nights in motels and has time to put the head back on and get it back running. His wife now has one more thing to complain about too, till they need a generator. I have no understanding why she complains since she owns her own Hobart MIG machine and autodark helmet.

General information, it takes 3 years, 7 months and 9 days for Marvel Mistery Oil to break a stuck piston loose that was stuck by rust.

Comment

My neighbor when I lived in a subdivision some 30 years back had trouble with his Oldsmobile V6 engine, so one of his friends at work told him to put Marvel Mystery oil in the engine, after he did it when he drove the car down the road it sounded like a steam engine. When we took the air cleaner off it was full of oil, seems the mystery oil cleaned the carbon so well compression was going by the rings and pressurizing the crankcase, blowing oil out the carb.

Comment

Just yesterday I put the last of my marvel mystery oil in the cylinder of a buddy of mine's motorcycle.

Don't ask me about the motor cycle. All I know about them things is that most of them have only two wheels.

Comment

Working...
                                X