Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ryanjones2150
    replied
    Case in point, my Helga had a bad start-off-continuous switch.

Leave a comment:

• Aeronca41
    replied
    Need your serial number to look at the correct diagram, but picking one at random, I don't see any fuses in that circuit. The HF circuit is not very complicated (especially in continuous mode--that mode takes a LOT of parts out of the circuit), and I would first suspect bad contacts in the "START-OFF-CONT" switch. Have heard of those switches going bad before. How are you at electrical troubleshooting? Do you have a digital multimeter and know how to use it? If so, disconnect the wires from the switch (be sure to label them first!) and then ohm out the switch with the meter. That is not a foolproof test, because I have seen cases where the contacts fail to carry enough current to really work, but test OK with an ohmmeter. Not common, but it happens. Are you confident and safe working around live circuits? Do you have the manual? Do you know how to read schematic diagrams? There are plenty of people here who can help you through it if not.

Leave a comment:

• Jmcghee
    started a topic 330 a b/p HF Problem

330 a b/p HF Problem

Hey guys-

I just picked up a 330 a b/p to replace my old(er) Dialarc and am working on getting it all set up. I wired everything in, set up the torch, ground, etc & fired it up. HF was in the “start” position and it fired up as it should, & quit when I struck an arc. After working once on that initial test, the HF won’t kick on at all under any settings. The caps were leaking some so I replaced them with “known good” caps (same exact model from a machine with functioning HF) and nothing changed at all. Still no HF in start or continuous, ac or dc. Is there something else (fuse etc) in that circuit I could’ve fried after that first initial test? Something else I don’t know about?

Thanks in advance!
Working...
X