No announcement yet.

330 a b/p HF Problem

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Welp, it looks like I’m up & running! I swapped the fuse out & spent the last couple hours putting it through its paces. Ran a bunch of beads on carbon steel with HF start, fussed around with the HF adjust & got it where I like it, and then ran a bunch of AC beads in continuous on aluminum, and it purred like a kitten the whole time. I don’t want to jinx it, but I think the combo of firing it up for the first time in years, and the absolutely filthy fuse holders was what blew that fuse.

On a side note, what a fantastic machine! I’ve never had anything of this caliber before... kind of like driving a corvette for the first time

Now to find a pedal, & get the cooler going. Thanks again everyone, this is such a fantastic resource!

Comment

Fantastic! Success is so sweet! Glad we could help.
      There may be machines made today that can weld like that one, but they sure won't be doing it when they're that old. There was some marvelous engineering done in this country back in those days, and so few people remain who appreciate it. "They just don't make 'em like that any more", Mostly because no one could afford to buy them at what they would cost today. I see the prices on them are starting to climb on ebay--I think the word is getting out.

Comment

I think the foot pedal is an RFC-23a.

Not cheap, even used. You can still get them new but it'll set you back some freedom bucks, probably close to $600. Used ones can be ok and they're fairly easy to rebuild, but still expensive.

Comment

Working...
        X