Bobcat 225

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bobcat 225

I have a bobcat 225 i just purchase a Airco med 20 wire feeder ,it has a 10 pin connector and my bobcat 225 does not. Is there a simple way or a way to hook these two units together .I don’t have a manual for the Airco med 20 and can not seem to find one .I do have a manual for the bobcat 225. What I need is a wiring diagram or somatic for Airco MED20 wire feeder or a similar machine
    Last edited by Jtraxinger; 06-02-2019, 08:06 PM.

It's probably real simple IF you have road maps for both devices.
    High likelyhood the Airco device was made by Miller or ITW Miller.

No roadmaps make it tougher since I ain't hands on with the machines.

Comment

This is a downfall for millers bobcat series machines. The Lincoln rangers do have remove capabilities, the bobcats do not.
      This is why folks have to buy a trailblazer machine to run an RC type feeder.
      A voltage sensing feeder will run on your bobcat fine as there is no requirement for remove amperage/voltage control.
      Lincoln Idealarc 250
      Miller Bobcat 250
      Thermal Arc Hefty 2 feeder
      Thermal Dynamics Cutmaster 52
      Torchmate CNC table

Comment

I have no problem with my 225G Bobcat.........been serving me for years and has paid for itself many times over.........Runs my LN 25pro feeder at 25v all day long......including my 211 for smaller jobs.........Choices on wire feeders should be made that are compatible with the equipment you own rather than the other way around..........

Comment

Originally posted by snoeproe View Post
          This is a downfall for millers bobcat series machines. The Lincoln rangers do have remove capabilities, the bobcats do not.
          This is why folks have to buy a trailblazer machine to run an RC type feeder.
          A voltage sensing feeder will run on your bobcat fine as there is no requirement for remove amperage/voltage control.
          RIGHT
          I can't begin to count the number of times I've called Bobby from my handheld device to request 2 more amps and that no good machine just sent my call to voice mail.

Oh wait, I'm a WELDOR, not a hot glue gun operator.

Comment

Originally posted by tarry99 View Post
            ...Choices on wire feeders should be made that are compatible with the equipment you own rather than the other way around..........
            exactly!
            i have an older thermal arc hefty suitecase feeder that is a voltage sensing unit (like your ln25 or a Miller 12vs) if I have the need to run wire with my 250 bobcat, that's my method.

Lincoln Idealarc 250
            Miller Bobcat 250
            Thermal Arc Hefty 2 feeder
            Thermal Dynamics Cutmaster 52
            Torchmate CNC table

Comment

Working...
            X