No announcement yet.

New members

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Don't fret it Sandy, something tells me you're going to do alright.

Click image for larger version

Name:	snip_20190527154142.png
Views:	124
Size:	99.6 KB
ID:	597335
    Richard

Comment

Sandy why are you pickin on Ryan's collection of Bugle Badges?

Them puppies not only identify Ryan as head nozzle squirter, they also repel slag and counterbalance his heavy air tank.
      He even has one where them bugles are twisted up to look like a pretzel, and another one proclaiming him winning the fishin reel detangling competition.

Comment

Ryan,

Lol, I seem to remember earning my bars in the most dignified way possible.

Though I don't remember what that was BUT I do keep the hood down as much as possible, just out of pure courtesy, wouldn't want to make anyone jealous you know.

I know, you know.
        if there's a welder, there's a way

Comment

Its a simple formula:

Your looks - your age + years welding / number of miller welding machine owned × the square root of the number of posts you have

But ya... Who cares really. Does anyone actually think the more bars you have the more you know about welding? No body knows everything there is to know, theres just to many different aspects of welding. We all have our strengths and weakness and thats the whole point of the forum, help with what you know and ask what you dont know
          www.silvercreekwelding.com

Miller Trailblazer 325 efi
          Miller extreme 12vs
          Thermal arc 186 ac/dc
          Lincoln power wave 455m/stt with 10m dual feeder

Comment

I got one of my bar promotions after a real zinger of an insult directed at ryanjones. So, try that. Can't hurt.

Comment

Originally posted by Willvis View Post
              Its a simple formula:

Your looks - your age + years welding / number of miller welding machine owned × the square root of the number of posts you have
              Dang i need a few more rows
              Bob Wright

Spool Gun conversion. How To Do It. Below.
              http://www.millerwelds.com/resources...php?albumid=48

Comment

Originally posted by MAC702
                I got one of my bar promotions after a real zinger of an insult directed at ryanjones. So, try that. Can't hurt.
                Well I am here to help people, that's what I do...it's my job. No, it really is my job.

Oli...where you been hiding? It makes my day to wake up to either an insult from you or to be able to cut you with one of my own...you should come around more....

Comment

Originally posted by ryanjones2150 View Post

Well I am here to help people, that's what I do...it's my job. No, it really is my job.

Oli...where you been hiding? It makes my day to wake up to either an insult from you or to be able to cut you with one of my own...you should come around more....
                  Been busy is about all I can say for a lame excuse. I do find our arguments pretty funny occasionally, good that you do as well.

I'll try to come around more, it just seems most of the stuff is "My miller machine is broken, how do I fix it" and those are valid posts, just not something I particularly know anything about and so I don't care much for it.

I'm more interested in people building stuff and learning parts of how they made something fit up better or figured out how to weld unobtanium, things like that. Don't even get me started on the "First time TIG welding, how does it look?" posts, the number of those posts is too **** high!

But how ya been ryan? How's eeeeh, Olga, Helga, whatever you named your mistress of a welder.

Comment

Helga. Her name is Helga and she is the Norse goddess of heliwelders. You heathen. Although I've been having some trouble with the footpedal not doing much of adjusting the juice, just mostly straight away power. I'll have to investigate that further...soon...ish.

Busy here too. Just putting the finishing touches on a teardrop camper I built. Little of this, little of that...odds-n-ends jobs sliding in and out of the shop. Hopefully, first part of next week, I can start on my southbend lathe rebuild....

Oh, and being pretty enough to keep a full set of bars....I do have a full set still, right? I can't see the bars on the phone app.

Comment

Too busy to post pics of that alarm box post he screwed up.
                      Probably just throws the hose on the truck in a lump too, too busy to text proper instructions to the probie up in the bunk.

Comment

Originally posted by ryanjones2150 View Post
                        Helga. Her name is Helga and she is the Norse goddess of heliwelders. You heathen. Although I've been having some trouble with the footpedal not doing much of adjusting the juice, just mostly straight away power. I'll have to investigate that further...soon...ish.

Busy here too. Just putting the finishing touches on a teardrop camper I built. Little of this, little of that...odds-n-ends jobs sliding in and out of the shop. Hopefully, first part of next week, I can start on my southbend lathe rebuild....

Oh, and being pretty enough to keep a full set of bars....I do have a full set still, right? I can't see the bars on the phone app.
                        Lol.

Helga, that's right. I'll have you know I stem from the Danish lands so I represent that! as a heathen.

If you knew anything about Norse goddesses or Norse ladies in general, you'd know there is no adjustment to be made, it is what it is.

Cool! I don't build much anymore, more fixing stuff but that's cool too.

Ah.. I could lie and tell you that you don't but I think you'd just look it up just to prove me wrong. I think your bars were granted purely based on your post count, must have been....

Comment

Rats ! - so now I know what it takes to add bars to my profile.

Too bad I just paid someone who promised me that he could get me more bars.

I think he was the same person who promised my friends that he could get their kids
                          into college by "adjusting" their SAT scores and "tweaking" their scholastic achievements.

PS - Anyone want to buy some land I got for a song in Florida ?

It is quite useable at low tide..........................

Some people never learn from their mistakes.
                          Miller Dynasty 350, Dynasty 210 DX, Hypertherm 1000, Thermal Arc GTSW400, Airco Heliwelder II, oxy-fuel setup, metal cutting bandsaw, air compressor, drill press, large first aid kit, etc.

Call me the "Clouseau" of welding !

Comment

Originally posted by Burnt hands View Post
                            Rats ! - so now I know what it takes to add bars to my profile.

Too bad I just paid someone who promised me that he could get me more bars.

I think he was the same person who promised my friends that he could get their kids
                            into college by "adjusting" their SAT scores and "tweaking" their scholastic achievements.

PS - Anyone want to buy some land I got for a song in Florida ?

It is quite useable at low tide..........................

Some people never learn from their mistakes.
                            Do you supply a tide chart, or downloadable app?
                            Richard

Comment

For an additional charge he'll give you a daily personal location weather forecast that not only includes the tidal exchange, but your horoscope, the equinautical position of Ur****, and suggest which of the various types of crystals to carry in your pocket that will boost your aura.

Comment

Ohhhhh I went up another bar! Only 2 bars away from full status. Maybe if I Dis Ryan I will get all my bars. Hmmm gotta think of a good one. I'll get back to you on that
                                www.silvercreekwelding.com

Miller Trailblazer 325 efi
                                Miller extreme 12vs
                                Thermal arc 186 ac/dc
                                Lincoln power wave 455m/stt with 10m dual feeder

Comment

Working...
                                X