Where can I find a technical manual

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where can I find a technical manual

Where can I find a technical manual for an AEAD 200LE serial number JB520799?

I have the owner's manual.

Thanks,
    Carl

https://www.millerwelds.com/support/manuals-and-parts

Comment

Call Miller tech support and ask
      Richard

Comment

https://www.ebay.com/itm/MILLER-AEAD...4AAOSwDlda3y5h

https://www.ebay.com/itm/MILLER-AEAD...YAAOSwikBcMlF4
        Miller Dynasty 350, Dynasty 210 DX, Hypertherm 1000, Thermal Arc GTSW400, Airco Heliwelder II, oxy-fuel setup, metal cutting bandsaw, air compressor, drill press, large first aid kit, etc.

Call me the "Clouseau" of welding !

Comment

or this....
          Richard

Comment

SO I recently acquired a Skyhook CW-200LE unit, S/N JG025223. It's been sitting outdoors in the Texas weather for 12 years and there is some rat damage, chewed wires, corroded through base plate, etc. In the process of cleaning it out to determine just how bad it is and if the damage is on any transformer or coil windings. Circuit boards I can repair or rebuild. The Onan CCK looks pretty decent but some linkage is rusty.

I did get what looks to be the correct owner's manual for it with diagrams, but am wondering if there is an additional technical manual I could buy for it that might help. Please advise. And yes, I'll take 'before', 'during', and 'after' photos of the beast. Thanks!

Comment

You can try calling Miller and see if they will email or sell you one, but they generally don't; they only provide owner manuals. But, I have heard of them doing it on occasion. The reference earlier in this thread to the manuals and parts page on their website only has owner manuals. I found a tech manual for my old Trailblazer 280NT on ebay, but that's a pretty much hit and miss chance--just have to keep looking. What I did was made up a saved search for it and then subscribed to the search so I would get an email if one popped up. I can't remember how long it took but I eventually got one, and it was for the correct serial number range. I would have bought it even if it wasn't exactly the correct one, just to have something close.

Comment

I'll try calling Miller. Haven't done that yet. If anyone has a pdf of the technical manual for an AEAD 200LE they would be willing to share with me, it's a very similar unit. Or I think the Blue Charger might also be the same. Thanks!

If I can get this one working, I might add terminals for AC output to it as that looks pretty simple. I sprayed it out with the hose as best I could after removing the covers. Accumulated rat crap and nest materials... But the worst part if the bottom of the reactor core right behind the control panel is expanded from the rust action. Hopefully not enough to ruin it, but maybe.

Comment

You may already know this--but you can check the reactor with an ohmmeter. Power off, Connect one lead to the chassis anywhere near the reactor and put the other lead on the + weld output terminal that is connected to the reactor. Should read OL or infiinity or whatever your ohmmeter reads for an open circuit. Not a definitive test--you would need an insulation tester/megohmmeter, but this should at least tell you if a corner of the core materal cut through the inner insulation wrapper and got to the winding. If so, it can be repaired, just very difficult and time consuming. Easier to find another one if you can.

Comment

Working...
                  X