No announcement yet.

Long aluminum butt welds

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ya post up some pics! I've been doing some research into adhesives lately and some of the products made by LORD seem to be incredably strong. My main reason to use them would be for the fact that it wouldn't warp the workpiece like welding and to a lesser extent would be faster in some scenarios. I still think it would work well for some of what your doing. The LORD maxlok seems to be the best for that application but it seems really hard to find. It also seems as tho their fusor products are a little easier to find and body shops should carry it. I might give them a call today and see if that would be a good alternative. Anyone have any experience with these products?
    www.silvercreekwelding.com

Miller Trailblazer 325 efi
    Miller extreme 12vs
    Thermal arc 186 ac/dc
    Lincoln power wave 455m/stt with 10m dual feeder

Comment

I will post when im a bit further along.
      i consider using some 3m products. Panel bond is a structural adhesive i have used in the past and 3m Also makes a line of structural tape that was interesting. In the end welding just seems like a better option.

Comment

Sounds like you got figured out. Plus, your camper will be ready for the next apocalyptic flood!

Comment

Originally posted by Willvis View Post
          Ya post up some pics! I've been doing some research into adhesives lately and some of the products made by LORD seem to be incredably strong. My main reason to use them would be for the fact that it wouldn't warp the workpiece like welding and to a lesser extent would be faster in some scenarios. I still think it would work well for some of what your doing. The LORD maxlok seems to be the best for that application but it seems really hard to find. It also seems as tho their fusor products are a little easier to find and body shops should carry it. I might give them a call today and see if that would be a good alternative. Anyone have any experience with these products?
          I have used the Lord adhesive. Used it to hold the door skins to the frames on ambulance doors.
          You wanna make sure you want it where you stick it because it ain't ever coming back apart in 2 usable pieces!!

www.facebook.com/outbackaluminumwelding
          Miller Dynasty 700...OH YEA BABY!!
          MM 350P...PULSE SPRAYIN' MONSTER
          Miller Dynasty 280 with AC independent expansion card
          Miller Dynasty 200 DX "Blue Lightning"

Miller Bobcat 225 NT (what I began my present Biz with!)
          Miller 30-A Spoolgun
          Miller WC-115-A
          Miller Spectrum 300
          Miller 225 Thunderbolt (my first machine bought new 1980)
          Miller Digital Elite Titanium 9400

Comment

Originally posted by FusionKing View Post

I have used the Lord adhesive. Used it to hold the door skins to the frames on ambulance doors.
            You wanna make sure you want it where you stick it because it ain't ever coming back apart in 2 usable pieces!!
            Do you remember which one? I'm going to give the fusor product a try since I think I can get it locally. The LORD representative told me its basically the same as the maxlok. What was your prep?
            www.silvercreekwelding.com

Miller Trailblazer 325 efi
            Miller extreme 12vs
            Thermal arc 186 ac/dc
            Lincoln power wave 455m/stt with 10m dual feeder

Comment

Actually I don't it was in 2007.
              They just handed it to me and I used it a lot. I made 12 doors every day or two.
              It was 2 tubes the size of normal caulk and they went on one manual gun. There was a mixing tube. I know there was slower dry and faster dry. It said LORD on it.
              We called it "Lord's Glue" It was super BaddASS
              If you needed to remove a door skin for whatever reason you had to sacrifice either the skin or the frame. Usually I would heat and ruin the skin and then make another. Prep was clean it with alcohol, hit it with a conditioning disc and glue, assemble and clamp
              We have a project coming up here that we will be using a 3-M panel bonder. It uses little tubes.

www.facebook.com/outbackaluminumwelding
              Miller Dynasty 700...OH YEA BABY!!
              MM 350P...PULSE SPRAYIN' MONSTER
              Miller Dynasty 280 with AC independent expansion card
              Miller Dynasty 200 DX "Blue Lightning"

Miller Bobcat 225 NT (what I began my present Biz with!)
              Miller 30-A Spoolgun
              Miller WC-115-A
              Miller Spectrum 300
              Miller 225 Thunderbolt (my first machine bought new 1980)
              Miller Digital Elite Titanium 9400

Comment

Working...
              X