Syncrowave 250 quit working

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Syncrowave 250 quit working

I have a Syncrowave 250, older one early 90's, just used for stick welding at a golf course. Was using it one day and went to use it the next and nothing. Over the years, when turning the machine on it would not arc right away and would need to be turned on and off several times but always started working eventually. doing some basic troubleshooting I found that I would get a slight arc when the "ac balance" knob is turned all the way up, but nothing when it is set to 3. no obvious problems under the cover. any direction would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Eric

I have a 250 also. Will yours make a tiny spark at all or nothing? The wire from the transformer go up through a Hall device. It is an obsolete part. Original part number is 156313. You can replace it with part number 124684. I searched all over the USA and Canada. I found one in Ontario at an old welding repair shop. He said he only had the one. Fixed mine. It is called a current transducer. Hope this info helps you.

Comment

I get a small arc when the AC balance is turned all the way up, if set to normal position for stick welding I get nothing. I tried unplugging the Hall device and it worked, but it was wide open no amperage control. I'm not sure if this result means a bad current trans or if it another part that the trans plugs into?
      Last edited by kepink; 04-29-2019, 10:15 AM.

Comment

I have 3 of the156313 part number curent transducer in good working order

Comment

Where are you located at?

Comment

If the hall device is reading to high of voltage I think the pc1 board will not let it have what it needs to operate.

Comment

Sus*** wisconsin

Comment

I'm in Florida, not sure who you were asking. so the unit does nothing with the hall device plugged in and with it unplugged it works, but no amperage control, melts whole stick. Am I looking at a bad hall device (current trans) or a bad pc1 board? Ron, sounds like you are saying the hall is sending a bad reading to pc1 so the hall is bad? Weld Dr, what is the price of the part you have? My email, epinkham@riverwoodgc.com.
                Thanks for the help.
                Eric

Comment

Check your p/m we can deal on the cost in private

Comment

Kepink if you have a bad pc1 board you can get it repaired at York Electronics in Louisville,Ky. Steve York is the owner. His phone number is 1-800-669-3593. Or yorkelec@aol.com.

Comment

Working...
                    X