Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Franz©
    replied
    You think that location might be a little obvious when insulators catch lead poisoning?

Leave a comment:

• aametalmaster
    replied
    Originally posted by ryanjones2150 View Post
    I'd like to see what kind of shootin range you got on that vast spread.

How's that for on topic?
    I bought a 4x4 sheet of 1/2" AR500 plate to make bullet traps from. Thats my project coming up as soon as i get un packed. There is a mile stretch thats clear right next to the power lines.

Leave a comment:

• Franz©
    replied
    You left out grinding Ryan.
    Take another shot at it.

Leave a comment:

• ryanjones2150
    replied
    I'd like to see what kind of shootin range you got on that vast spread. We could set up a bunch of old welding hoods and shoot the lens out. See which protective covers shatter the best.

How's that for on topic?

Leave a comment:

• Franz©
    replied
    That machine is a mixed marriage if I ever saw one..
    It's like a Lincoln painted Miller blue.

Did you at least configure the treadle to run the machine speed controller?
    You could probably pick up a lot more repair work from the manufacturer in Fairberry Nebraska.
    I wouldn't mention the underwear thing when soliciting though. You could get inundated by lonely female flag stitchers.
    They're a dangerous group, accustomed to working at a climb in station similar to a sailmaker's setup.

You got any deals on wellhead gas you can hook me up with?

Leave a comment:

• aametalmaster
    replied
    Originally posted by Grizzly1944 View Post
    What's next? Flag making with Betsy Ross perhaps? Click image for larger version

Name:	18622240_10213436652371083_6118646214168727061_n.jpg
Views:	109
Size:	58.3 KB
ID:	597003
    I repair lots of flags. The best part is i don't get dirty and i can sew in my underwear.

Leave a comment:

• Grizzly1944
    replied
    From Lens covers to quilting with Laura Engalls. What's next? Flag making with Betsy Ross perhaps? Let's not forget about the failed marriage along the way.

Leave a comment:

• Franz©
    replied
    Quilting can be hazardous to a man's life even with PPE.
    I learned a lot about PPE for quilting when she who dreams of being obeyed made a double wedding ring quilt.
    I learned her buds who told me she was nutz for trying that project ratted me out for agreeing, even though I had hundreds of miles into the project.
    I learned women in quilting shops live to torture men.
    I learned I had a lot of other sewing to do so she could hand quilt that sumbych.
    I learned being supportive can get me in deep
    I learned having answers to her questions wasn't where she wanted to go with the question.
    I photodocumented that quilt from the first cut.
    She planned on a scrap book.
    I picked one up in a garage sale for a couple bucks.
    WRONG cover for what she had in mind.
    Grocery sack + scissors + tape = book cover, same as we did back in school.
    The "WTF" look.
    Ummm how about paper pattern for a quilted cover?
    Oh, that could be done.
    3 weeks from the wedding, easily 1000 woman hours into the job, she announces she'd like to embroider sort of a nameplate for the back side.
    I STUPIDLY mentioned Jan has 2 machines that embroider in up to 28 colors.
    SO?
    Decide on size , color & fabric and Jan will knock it out for me.
    Huh?
    You see the Levi jacket with the bald eagle embroidered on it?
    WHAT ABOUT IT?
    Jan's work. Took about 12 hours.
    Can we go see Jan?
    Sure, grab your fabric and call Jan to make sure she's home.
    Had the nameplate a day later, to spec, delivered by Jan so she could see the DWR quilt nobody was nuts enough to build.

Book cover worked perfectly too.

I was headed for Earl's burger place after being fitted for the ****able tux I was ORDERED to wear. I still think my ewquest for a fluorescent green tux was reasonable! Some people thought otherwise.

I hear from the passenger side of the van; The quilt would be just absolutely perfect, IF it had a fitted clear vinyl cover.
    Jam it into a baggie tomorrow and we'll ride by Freddy's seatcover shop.
    What the he!! would we do that for?
    Seatcovers come in clear vinyl, Fred can and will make the bag in under an hour, and he owes me a favor or 9.
    Called Fred and alerted him. He told me where to grab a zipper on the way.

That quilt near got me murdered.

The marriage lasted 4 years, produced 1 Grand Rugrat, and a Divorce.

Quilting can be dangerous to a man!

Leave a comment:

• aametalmaster
    replied
    Originally posted by Franz© View Post
    Good you took the sewing machines Bob, Hope the wife isn't infected by Quilteritus, that can drive a man over the edge. I have 2 Singers sitting in the cellar,

Nice spread, but I ain't seeing a wellhead or christmas tree.
    I have over 90 sewing machines. There are 15 well heads. Thats what i didn't put in my post. There are 2,000 acres, i didn't want to brag...

Leave a comment:

• FusionKing
    replied
    Good you took the sewing machines Bob, Hope the wife isn't infected by Quilteritus, that can drive a man over the edge. I have 2 Singers sitting in the cellar, and she who quilts refuses to use wither, or allow the walking foot to move to the sewing room. It ain't pretty. Fine, shop the quilting to Jan who has a long neck and leave me out of it.

Gas wells can be a PITA. Fellow I know in Pa got one on his farm all updated and signed over to him by the company that didn't want to pay to close it.
    Company spent about 50 large to install the new christmas tree and a dryer. 3 months out that well produces 100 gallons of fine brine for every 100 cf of gas, and he's stuck with the problem.
    My Grandmother used to live with us when I was growing up.
    She was born in 1889. She always quilted. Did it by hand. 9 stitches per inch. Tough on fingers!!
    She was from Mansfield Mo and went to the same Methodist church as Laura Ingalls Wilder. She had a quilt that they quilted on together. My niece has it now. She made quilts until she fell and broke her hip in her early 90's. She sold them all over the US thru the classifieds in a magazine called the Ozarks Mountaineer.
    I used to help her stretch those frames tight. Strong lady.
    Last edited by FusionKing; 05-06-2019, 06:46 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Franz©
    replied
    Good you took the sewing machines Bob, Hope the wife isn't infected by Quilteritus, that can drive a man over the edge. I have 2 Singers sitting in the cellar, and she who quilts refuses to use wither, or allow the walking foot to move to the sewing room. It ain't pretty. Fine, shop the quilting to Jan who has a long neck and leave me out of it.

Gas wells can be a PITA. Fellow I know in Pa got one on his farm all updated and signed over to him by the company that didn't want to pay to close it.
    Company spent about 50 large to install the new christmas tree and a dryer. 3 months out that well produces 100 gallons of fine brine for every 100 cf of gas, and he's stuck with the problem.

Leave a comment:

• ryanjones2150
    replied
    A dream for! That's a nice spread, Bob.

Leave a comment:

• aametalmaster
    replied

Beter question, how did Bob manage to tap into a free gas well?
    It was easy. Well almost. You all have seen those pictures online of a nice shack in the woods with a lake asking if you could give it all up would you live here? It almost happened like that. It was my grandmothers farm sitting on 100's of acres with a lake and no neighbors. So i gave it all up. Sold and gave away about $250,000.00 worth of my shop equipment and pretty much gave my house away. I kept my Jeep, dogs, sewing machines, a small metal lathe and metal shaper and some reloading stuff, my pipe threader (in case i need to run more gas pipe) and some hand tools and my wife. The rest is gone. And here i set. Oh i am going to get a TIG still waiting on my Multimatic 200. Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC05297.JPG
Views:	178
Size:	54.1 KB
ID:	596984

Leave a comment:

• ryanjones2150
    replied
    The only way to be sure is to check the internet. If the google says so, then it must be true. You can trust them, they're pretty much the government.

Leave a comment:

• Franz©
    replied
    Originally posted by Grizzly1944 View Post
    It's got to be the rose colored welding lens covers that's causing all of this reality. This thread has definately morphed into a real hoot!
    I have a Jackson fixed shade with a red lense, and that puppy is SWEET for MIG. Much nicer to look through than the standard green lenses.

According to the door chart on my KlunkoChink weldsum machine this thread needs to go another 23 posts @39.21 volts and 720mm/s before it is officially morphed. Them door charts is never wrong, says so right there on the chart in Cantonese. Friend's imported wife said so.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X