Foot Control stopped working.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jmpgino
    started a topic Foot Control stopped working.

Foot Control stopped working.

My foot pedal control for Dynasty 200DX has stopped working. I have checked continuity and everything is ok. Switch is OK. My finger control works fine but I noticed it has six pins in the plug and the foot control has only five.
    Trying to get into the pin plug but can not see how to open it up and check inside.
    Help please.

• topgunner
    replied
    MY buddy's 200DX foot control is acting up, we'll check the contacts.

Leave a comment:

• Aeronca41
    replied
    For sure! I had one like that; sure do miss her.

Leave a comment:

• Franz©
    replied
    Gotta love a wife who will hold test leads where you need them long enough to find the problem.
    That girl is valuable.

Leave a comment:

• Aeronca41
    replied
    Gotta love success with simple fixes!

Leave a comment:

• jmpgino
    replied
    Well when I did continuity testing on the individual wires the first time everything was OK, doing it again after a day or so of finding no issues, I did it again and found a wire break. On looking carefully or the cord there was an area of distortion. So I got my wife to hold the testing stuff while I wiggled the cord in the suspicious area and continuity came and went. I had somehow damaged and broken the white wire, without cutting the outer cover.
    so she is fixed, thanks for your suggestions.
    cheers,
    James.

Leave a comment:

• Aeronca41
    replied
    second try... Click image for larger version

Name:	FOOT PEDAL INTERNAL DIAGRAM RFCS-14.jpg
Views:	182
Size:	17.9 KB
ID:	596574

Leave a comment:

• Aeronca41
    replied
    Need a bit more detail on what you mean specifically by "checked continuity". Do you have the manual for the foot control (I assume it is an RFCS-14HD? That's what came with my Dynasty 200.) Here's the foot pedal diagram; it does have 5 wires, but that's all you need. Did you check for the total resistance across the potentiometer, and ten see that the center terminal changes resistance with respect to the end as you push the pedal? And that pins A and B connect as soon as the pedal starts to move down? The fact that your hand control works probably means the welder is OK and there is a problem in the foot control or the cable.

EDIT: Diagram did not load. See next post.
    Last edited by Aeronca41; 04-15-2019, 06:20 AM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X