X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• T. Comp
    started a topic Welder trouble

Welder trouble

I have a Miller blue star 1E and every time I get it up to weld speed when I strike in with a rod, it will weld just for a minute and then the governor arm will start jumping back and forth bogging the engine down. What would this be, please help I've gone as far as I can go.

• snoeproe
    replied
    It’s an electro magnetic solenoid. It controls low idle rpm and high weld rpm control.

Leave a comment:

• tarry99
    replied
    Originally posted by T. Comp View Post
    No it's got a new carburetor . but I am thinking it's going to be something to do with the little magnetic box beside the carburetor maybe??
    That box is what when excited by a need for additional amperage opens the throttle.........check your connections.......it can be adjusted. and they have been known to fail........

Leave a comment:

• Chrisheavymech
    replied
    The throttle speeds or fuel jets on the new carburetor could be adjusted incorrectly. Unfortunately there are a lot of variables. It sounds to me like its struggling under load and the governor is hunting trying to maintain the correct engine speed. I'd start with valve adjustment and a general tune up and go from there. Can you send me the serial number?

Leave a comment:

• T. Comp
    replied
    No it's got a new carburetor . but I am thinking it's going to be something to do with the little magnetic box beside the carburetor maybe??
    Last edited by T. Comp; 04-06-2019, 01:10 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Chrisheavymech
    replied
    Did the machine sit for a while with gas in it?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X