Axcess 300 feeder error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Axcess 300 feeder error

Hi everyone, new here. I just acquired an axcess 300 wire feed welder. The feeder isn’t working though. I get a “error tach” message when I pull the gun trigger. Then if I hit the jog button the drive motor ramps up to full speed like normal. Pull the trigger again and it errors out.
    I don’t know much of anything about the stand alone feeders. Can someone help me find the tachometer and maybe if I can get a new one? If I can locate the tach I’ll take it apart and clean it. Somewhere to start... I tried to find a parts diagram but I was unsuccessful. I’m sure someone on here knows about these feeders. Thanks in advance!

Comment

If no one here knows I'm sure a call to miller tech support will help you out
      www.silvercreekwelding.com

Miller Trailblazer 325 efi
      Miller extreme 12vs
      Thermal arc 186 ac/dc
      Lincoln power wave 455m/stt with 10m dual feeder

Comment

The Encoder board is behind the motor. Access by removing the 3 screws and plate. I doubt you able to clean it but good luck.
        You didn't post a serial # but the encoder # is 229550 in the book I have. If you are ordering one you will need your serial for the correct part.

Comment

Originally posted by 1997CST View Post
          The Encoder board is behind the motor. Access by removing the 3 screws and plate. I doubt you able to clean it but good luck.
          You didn't post a serial # but the encoder # is 229550 in the book I have. If you are ordering one you will need your serial for the correct part.
          Thanks for the help! After I did some digging I was guessing tach and encoder were the same thing. I took it off and messed with it, but still the same error. My serial number is MA450459U so it looks like 229550 is the right part, which has been replaced by 262499.

Comment

Working...
          X