No announcement yet.

Tungsten Sharpener

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[QUOTE=OscarJr;n596625]I use the harbor freight 3" mini bench grinder, works well for me.

Phew! I thought I was the only one.

Comment

What wheel you have on that mini horrible freight grinder? I bought that grinder and a diamond wheel for it, just never put it together.

Comment

I use a HF 4" angle grinder mounted upside down on a "C" channel. I use a HF diamond chainsaw sharpener wheel opened up a bit so it would fit properly on the arbor. 30 bucks and a few scraps laying around and you're good to go. Soon I'll chuck the arbor in the lathe and turn it down a bit so it would fit the wheel.

Comment

Originally posted by ryanjones2150 View Post
          What wheel you have on that mini horrible freight grinder? I bought that grinder and a diamond wheel for it, just never put it together.
          It's the stock wheel. I just turn it up and grind away, unless it happens to be a brand new 1/8" tungsten, then it takes too long because it doesn't have the ballz for that. But for touching up, it works great for any diameter, and the polishing wheel works awesome; just hold the tungsten upside down and polish away. I've been meaning to make an adjustable jig for it to change angles and what not, but I don't TIG all that much anymore.
          HTP Invertig221 D.V. Water-cooled
          HTP Pro Pulse 300 MIG
          HTP ProPulse 200 MIG x2
          HTP Inverarc 200 TLP water cooled
          HTP Microcut 875SC

Comment

I got it because it was small enough I could bolt it to my welding bench, up and out of the way, just haven't done it. I'll have to look at that idea a little more. Add it to the ever growing list of projects.

Comment

Originally posted by OscarJr View Post
              I use the harbor freight 3" mini bench grinder, works well for me.

[IMG2=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","src":"https:\/\/drive.google.com\/uc?export=view&id=1w4GShL2Uv1tC11zDOhB0UIfzQne6Vxbt"**[/IMG2]​​​​​​​
              That does a very neat job! Nice

Comment

Got my Eastwood tungsten grinder...thanks to tarry for the heads up....haven't tried it yet. But since it's my first ever purchase from Eastwood, I was following up on things in the office and noticed that Eastwood charged my credit card twice. I called them last week and they said it was probably just a "pending" transaction.

Nope.

Called them back a little while ago and the very nice lady explained to me they had a problem with some transactions being double charged and mine is one of them. So if you guys bought anything from them in the last week or so, check your bank statement.

They're supposed to issue me a refund by Friday.

Comment

Thanks, Ryan. I ordered one, too.....have to go check the credit charges!

Comment

Secretary likes to double click

www.facebook.com/outbackaluminumwelding
                    Miller Dynasty 700...OH YEA BABY!!
                    MM 350P...PULSE SPRAYIN' MONSTER
                    Miller Dynasty 280 with AC independent expansion card
                    Miller Dynasty 200 DX "Blue Lightning"

Miller Bobcat 225 NT (what I began my present Biz with!)
                    Miller 30-A Spoolgun
                    Miller WC-115-A
                    Miller Spectrum 300
                    Miller 225 Thunderbolt (my first machine bought new 1980)
                    Miller Digital Elite Titanium 9400

Comment

Originally posted by FusionKing View Post
                      Secretary likes to double click
                      ...and sometimes people don't notice and they get to keep the money!

Comment

I check my statement monthly.......if your doing business with an accredited bank on your card..........they will sometimes catch an issue before I do......in either case...a Legitimate bank will fix that on the spot........or will investigate it while telling you not to make the errant or disputed payment when your statement shows up........they also do a good job on purchases that show up that are not what they were advertised to be.....good to have backup on all purchases.........lots of unscrupulous people out there.

Comment

Just checked the Eastwood Tungsten Grinder, I like my rig better. Doesn't bode well for those folks at Eastwood that like to double charge their customers.

Comment

If they won't do 1/8th I really have no use
                            I'll stick with my Jancy and the little cordless

www.facebook.com/outbackaluminumwelding
                            Miller Dynasty 700...OH YEA BABY!!
                            MM 350P...PULSE SPRAYIN' MONSTER
                            Miller Dynasty 280 with AC independent expansion card
                            Miller Dynasty 200 DX "Blue Lightning"

Miller Bobcat 225 NT (what I began my present Biz with!)
                            Miller 30-A Spoolgun
                            Miller WC-115-A
                            Miller Spectrum 300
                            Miller 225 Thunderbolt (my first machine bought new 1980)
                            Miller Digital Elite Titanium 9400

Comment

Working...
                            X