Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• electric motor armature repair shop

I'd say this armature is chooched....

Of course, the part is discontinued and no longer in stock anywhere on the planet.

Any of you guys ever deal with Eurton Electric out in California? They say they can put a new commutator on there and rewind everything to make it good as new. I was recommended to them by the manufacturer.
    Attached Files

Chooched eh? I'm thinking maybe so. But your a talented guy. And while it's not that I'm disagreeing, I'm thinking if nothing else, give them something good to repair.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PGTgMWe0bCI

EDITED in: Not only did I watch the whole thing, I looked up the company you mentioned. I noticed mixed reviews?
    Last edited by Noel; 03-08-2019, 02:46 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ryanjones2150 View Post
      I'd say this armature is chooched....

Of course, the part is discontinued and no longer in stock anywhere on the planet.

Any of you guys ever deal with Eurton Electric out in California? They say they can put a new commutator on there and rewind everything to make it good as new. I was recommended to them by the manufacturer.
      When I was in the Powerhouse at my former employer, we used "Southwest Electric" and "Evans". Both were in Oklahoma City.
      These motors were in the 75hp to 1300hp range.
      I don't really know how small they serviced.

HTH
      Griff

Comment

There are a couple of outfits nearby that do this sort of work, but only on big stuff like you mentioned.

Comment

That is a pretty ugly failure.

50 years ago I knew just the guy to fix that; lived in North Carolina. Unfortunately, he's been dead for a long time.

Comment

Hammer it back in place and turn it ...Bob
            Bob Wright

Spool Gun conversion. How To Do It. Below.
            http://www.millerwelds.com/resources...php?albumid=48

Comment

If I had my southbend running I might give it a shot, especially since it's not completely broken off yet.

This discontinued parts issue has been a problem lately. Recently had a ridgid compressor start eating it's piston and cylinder....discontinued and unavailable, not even on eBay. I look every now and then still.

Comment

Put in some glue, hammer it down, and send it up. I'll put it in the lathe and give it a shot. But it would save a bundle on shipping if you could find someone with a lathe close by. I assume there is even already a center-drilled hole in each end of the shaft. Shouldn't be hard.

Parts are a HUGE problem. I cannot believe how often we had to do a complete redesign or subsystem replacement before I retired...seems like everything was made of the proverbial unobtanium. There are guys in the electronics components industry making a good buck buying up and reselling obsolete parts. I've seen ten cent transistors selling for $20-30 each. But it's still way cheaper than redesigning a whole subsystem. The reason I love my old transformer welders!

Comment

What’s that off of ? There’s a guy down here in Texas that’s got a lot of parts machines.

Comment

Dewalt dw708 type 3 sliding compound miter saw.

I might beat on it and see what happens. I might send it out for repair. We'll see. Thanks for the offer, Wayne. I'll let you know. There are a couple of guys nearby with some serious home machine shops...they both have some big lathes and a couple of Bridgeports....makes me jealous.

Comment

Working...
                    X