Miller Multimatic 255 thoughts? Looking for opinions

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Miller Multimatic 255 thoughts? Looking for opinions

Hey guys I’m looking for opinions on the new Miller multi 255 with pulse. I know it’s a 350 amp machine but want to hear your thoughts I’m thinking of buying. I have a miller dynasty 280 dx so I don’t need AC capibilities. Thanks
    Last edited by Jaymacs; 03-06-2019, 09:01 AM.

If you have the dynasty, why not buy the Millermatic 255?
    Richard

Comment

I've read several reviews on the multimatic 255 on other site, ranging from outstanding, to it being a repackaged Chinese welder. Anyone with better info? I'm looking at one myself for a small production shop and want to get a good one. All suggestions welcome..

Comment

What are you producing?

Comment

Trailers, BBQ's and headache racks

Comment

Are you planning on doing mobile work?
            Richard

Comment

It has a decent duty cycle. It's a lot of money. Are you set on such a new and expensive machine or could you do just as good of work with say, an old MM200 or 250 that you could probably get for around $500-700 on the used market? Just a thought. But I'm partial to my old junk.

Comment

Originally posted by ryanjones2150 View Post
                It has a decent duty cycle. It's a lot of money. Are you set on such a new and expensive machine or could you do just as good of work with say, an old MM200 or 250 that you could probably get for around $500-700 on the used market? Just a thought. But I'm partial to my old junk.
                Well those are MIG units, he's asking about the Multimatic 255 which is a multi process unit, hence my first post (#2) in this thread and #6, thinking he want the multimatic for mobile work (?)
                Richard

Comment

Not planning on mobile use but stranger things have happened so you never know..o like the millermatic 255, but I also need tig capabilities.. Should I get separate machines or go all in one?

Comment

Working...
                  X