Water cooled to air cooled pushed pull gun

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Water cooled to air cooled pushed pull gun

Seen a good deal on a xr15 push pull gun. Only problem is that it's water cooled and I don't really want to buy a water cooler or the hassle of setting up some sort of water pumping system. I'm wondering if the water runs through the power cable like it does for tig torches and if so if it can be changed over to just a normal welding lead. Looking at the parts diagrams it seems there's a few different parts for the water cooled and air cooled gun. It seems as though on the water cooled version it runs through the body, and nozzle and then back out. I wonder if it would be easy enough to route the gas through where the water would go and then after it leaves tie it back into the argon hose? Maybe instead of hooking the argon hose into the regulator, hook the water inlet hose to the regulator, and put a coupler between the water out and argon inlet connection.
    www.silvercreekwelding.com

Miller Trailblazer 325 efi
    Miller extreme 12vs
    Thermal arc 186 ac/dc
    Lincoln power wave 455m/stt with 10m dual feeder

The cable is bigger. 2 water lines run thru it. In and out...Bob
    Bob Wright

Spool Gun conversion. How To Do It. Below.
    http://www.millerwelds.com/resources...php?albumid=48

Comment

When I put a new liner in my XR, I noticed there was what looked like places I could have put coolant hoses. I was wondering if they were all the same, only some came with fittings and hoses and some not. I bought it used, so I don't know if it was a water cooled gun originally or not. Randy

Comment

I think there's 2 different part #s for that connector block, but I think your right they look the same with some ports blocked off. Anyways I didn't get the gun even though it was a smoking deal. $300 with free shipping. Tried to bid on it at the last second but didn't go through. Probably for the better anyways
        www.silvercreekwelding.com

Miller Trailblazer 325 efi
        Miller extreme 12vs
        Thermal arc 186 ac/dc
        Lincoln power wave 455m/stt with 10m dual feeder

Comment

Working...
        X