X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sledsports
    started a topic HYPERTHERM Duramax torch on a Everlast 100a plasma

HYPERTHERM Duramax torch on a Everlast 100a plasma

Up date on the conversion. It works flawlessly. It's got enough arc time to prove itself a successful conversion. I have had zero misfires, Current went down, inches per minute went up, consumable life is great. Still produces square dross free cuts with worn consumables. Its definitely a great upgrade. Probably the best upgrade you could do to a everlast plasma cutter. I had to make a modification to the torch wiring so the torch needs to be split. Clip the orange wire out of the trigger circuit and blank it off on the machine end. This leaves the head/consumable switch in series with the trigger circuit so if the consumables are loose or installed incorrectly it still will not fire as the machine wont receive a completed "fire circuit". My guess is the orange wire signals the air supply in the HT units. I am not sure but it's not needed with the everlast. Click image for larger version  Name:	20190211_205614.jpg Views:	3 Size:	72.1 KB ID:	595106Click image for larger version  Name:	20190211_205622.jpg Views:	3 Size:	70.3 KB ID:	595107Click image for larger version  Name:	20190212_214825.jpg Views:	3 Size:	36.5 KB ID:	595108Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot_20190212-215202_Gallery.jpg Views:	3 Size:	28.5 KB ID:	595109
    Last edited by sledsports; 02-14-2019, 01:04 AM. Reason: Felt i left to much out like a dummy.

• sledsports
    replied
    Originally posted by Willvis View Post
    Was this still alot cheaper then just buying a hypertherm plasma cutter? How do you like that plasma cutter? Ive been hearing pretty good stuff about these everlast welders. I'm gonna pick up one of their tig coolers soon. Eventually maybe I'll get their biggest tig welder and a plasma.
    Yes. I'm into it about 2k. Gotta good deal on a new torch off Ebay. It cuts very nice. A 100 amp plasma cutter from Hypertherm is what? 4500-5k? I am sure the unit itself isnt as robust and well built as a HT but they all do the same thing... provide current.
    Last edited by sledsports; 02-19-2019, 12:03 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Willvis
    replied
    Was this still alot cheaper then just buying a hypertherm plasma cutter? How do you like that plasma cutter? Ive been hearing pretty good stuff about these everlast welders. I'm gonna pick up one of their tig coolers soon. Eventually maybe I'll get their biggest tig welder and a plasma.

Leave a comment:

• sledsports
    replied
    Originally posted by OscarJr View Post
    Yup, I'll post it up when I succeed. Just look at the 4th line of my sig.
    I like the way you think.

Leave a comment:

• OscarJr
    replied
    Yup, I'll post it up when I succeed. Just look at the 4th line of my sig.

Leave a comment:

• sledsports
    replied
    Sounds like something I did...that everyone and their brother said wouldn't work. Go for it and send me pictures!!!!

Leave a comment:

• OscarJr
    replied
    Originally posted by sledsports View Post
    Are you repairing yours or retrofitting a different torch to your HTP? You can probably reuse your hose barb. Might want to send a message if you order from them to send you the correct size climp clamp. Theres 2 different sizes. 6mm and 8mm.
    Just trying a little something off-the-wall.

Leave a comment:

• sledsports
    replied
    Are you repairing yours or retrofitting a different torch to your HTP? You can probably reuse your hose barb. Might want to send a message if you order from them to send you the correct size climp clamp. Theres 2 different sizes. 6mm and 8mm.

Leave a comment:

• OscarJr
    replied
    Nice thank you. I was searching for "power connector", hence why I didn't get too good of a result, lol.

Leave a comment:

• sledsports
    replied
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20190214-213901_eBay.jpg
Views:	152
Size:	34.6 KB
ID:	595131

Leave a comment:

• sledsports
    replied
    Originally posted by OscarJr View Post
    Can you tell me where you got that connector with the pins and all? I'm currently looking for one of those.
    Plasmadyn on Ebay has all the necessary parts. Make sure you get a 8mm airline barb with the climp clamp

Leave a comment:

• OscarJr
    replied
    Can you tell me where you got that connector with the pins and all? I'm currently looking for one of those.

Leave a comment:

• sledsports
    replied
    And no Noel... this thing will never replace my Harris hand torch. The nitty gritty burning will still be done with it lol. This what I'm gonna use on this hobby table

Leave a comment:

• sledsports
    replied
    Originally posted by Noel View Post
    While I didn't go back and see how I may have responded to the idea originally, I'm sure It was probably something of a why response? That's typical of me?
    If memory serves, the response was a gun cable length improvement, gun comfort, gun consumable favor in durability, longevity and pricing. All good reasons in my book for answers why?
    You had an idea and went with it, did it and noticed improvement, it classifies as hot rodding.
    I like it.
    I kinda hi jacked my own original thread up so I started with on the right foot this time. All of things you stated are exactly why I did it. I got to thinking... I see this often and I have seen it right here in the Miller forums . Only one name in Plasma air cutters and thats Hypertherm. It's not magic but they seem to be the step ahead of everyone else as far as performance... my wheels got to turning. How? It's a add voltage to the nozzle for a pilot arc and Current to the electrode to make up with the ground... add air and you have a plasma stream. Thats how all blowback torches work.The rocket science is in the torch head. It's how that air is added. It's the swirl ring design, it's the nozzle design, it's the electrode design and the shielding. It's not the power source. The power source doesnt care what's on the other end.They all work the same way. The torch is dumb. It doesn't care where it gets it's current or air. It does what it wants to with it. Was told many times... that wont work. Incomparable with each other.... bla bla bla bla... it works. It's a superior torch.

Leave a comment:

• Noel
    replied
    While I didn't go back and see how I may have responded to the idea originally, I'm sure It was probably something of a why response? That's typical of me?
    If memory serves, the response was a gun cable length improvement, gun comfort, gun consumable favor in durability, longevity and pricing. All good reasons in my book for answers why?
    You had an idea and went with it, did it and noticed improvement, it classifies as hot rodding.
    I like it.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X