Mm 255 ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mm 255 ?

Has anyone got a Millermatic 255 yet ? Review from a user, not a supplier ?

Nope, the world is still waiting. Jody @ WTT has a video using the Multimatic 220 though.
    HTP Invertig221 D.V. Water-cooled
    HTP Pro Pulse 300 MIG
    HTP Pro Pulse 200 MIG x2
    HTP Pro Pulse 220 MTS
    HTP Inverarc 200 TLP water cooled
    HTP Microcut 875SC

Comment

Ya i got one, and the same day it got delivered i got an email from the distributor that Miller has a recall on the machine. The machine was sealed in a box and now i have to physically take it in for recall repair. Unbelievable. I called miller asking for some sort of compensation now that i have to spend a few hours taking this to a service center for the recall work. I was essentially told this is my problem and the only solution is to take it in to a service center for repair. Very frustrating to say the least. The nearest service center is at least 1 hour from my home each way.

Comment

I would have called my welding supply distributer and said buddy, we have a problem.
        I'm all for opening the big surprise but really, was yours a welding distributor purchase or a drop ship delivery? I'm thinking if the recall was in place they must have known? Wouldn't you think? What was it a about? Switch out a harness? Swap a board? Flash a program into a disk? Maybe it was more a process improvement upgrade and not that important or of a timely need to be addressed?
        Frustrating...I get it.
        So, you finally get to test drive it or are you still stewing over the inconvenience?

Comment

My buddy is at the NFMS in Louisville right now and he has his sights set on the MM255. He just sent me pictures and prices this evening. I'll send him a screenshot of this thread. Maybe the machines they have down there have already been updated?
          Dynasty 400 wireless
          Coolmate 3.5
          Sw320 speedway
          Ck flex lock 230
          4 victor flow meters
          2 Flametech Duel flowmeters
          2 genuine miller torch buttons
          A$$ loads of tungsten
          XMT 350 CC/CV
          S74DX feeder
          Stick leads from here to China
          A30 Spool gun
          WC24
          Langmuir crossfire hobby table
          Everlast powerplasma 100 w hypertherm torch
          Harris O/A
          Pet raccoon
          I'm just a peckerwood in the boonies with fancy welding equipment

Comment

I don't see anything about recalling the 255 on any of the sites that sell them. Could it be a glitch in one batch that they discovered a problem?
            Unfortunate to have that happen but it can happen with anything. It's how the company handles the problem that matters. The fact that they notified the buyer rather than they have a problem is good.

Comment

des537 thank you for reaching out. Miller focuses on producing quality machines that are safe, reliable and dependable. Our recent launch of the Millermatic & Multimatic 255 is no different. However, we have noticed a potential safety issue with the assembly of the machine and have identified the necessary correction and are committed to rectifying all affected machines. Any customer who purchased a machine that was affected should have received communication from their distributor to bring in their machine for evaluation and repair if necessary. We take quality and reliability very seriously and apologize for this issue. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to reach out to us at 920-734-9821.

Comment

What serial numbers are affected?

Comment

Working...
                X