No announcement yet.

Moved - New Shop - Structure Problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They just lay it (the insulation blanket) on the building frame and then screw through it when they attach the sheet metal.
    If you poke a hole, or series of holes, the water can run out if there is any. If you get water, then you can carefully cut slits and then repair using shrink wrap tape.
    Chances are, if there is water, it is coming from the screw holes stretching when the purlin twisted and left somewhat of a gap between it and the metal sheeting.
    You are gonna have to get truly serious when the sun shines again. That purlin has to be yielded in the opposite direction to even be as strong as it was to begin with. Because of the spring back when you bend on it to straighten. In other words, you have to go past straight to get it to come back to flat again.
    And then add some more of those braces that tie the purlins together.
    Pretty sad deal when a red steel framed building is sagging from under engineering. Somebody saved some money. How far is the free span, and how far apart are the purlins?

www.facebook.com/outbackaluminumwelding
    Miller Dynasty 700...OH YEA BABY!!
    MM 350P...PULSE SPRAYIN' MONSTER
    Miller Dynasty 280 with AC independent expansion card
    Miller Dynasty 200 DX "Blue Lightning"

Miller Bobcat 225 NT (what I began my present Biz with!)
    Miller 30-A Spoolgun
    Miller WC-115-A
    Miller Spectrum 300
    Miller 225 Thunderbolt (my first machine bought new 1980)
    Miller Digital Elite Titanium 9400

Comment

Originally posted by FusionKing View Post
      Pretty sad deal when a red steel framed building is sagging from under engineering. Somebody saved some money. How far is the free span, and how far apart are the purlins?
      The purlins span 20ft to the next truss and the space between each purlin is 5ft.

Comment

Working...
      X