Clear All

• ryanjones2150
    replied
    Another satisfied customer.....

Leave a comment:

• sledsports
    replied
    Originally posted by bevis View Post
    wishing this thread had not got hijacked because theres just not that much info out there on this subject. I'm trying to learn to tig small tubing myself. it was going along with great advise until the hijack. oh well...
    I am the Original poster of this thread. I am quiet delighted with how this thread developed. I have enjoyed every single post.

Leave a comment:

• Noel
    replied
    wishing this thread had not got hijacked because theres just not that much info out there on this subject. I'm trying to learn to tig small tubing myself. it was going along with great advise until the hijack. oh well...
    Ok...how about this Bevis. Study the pictures.
    I've attached 5 for your pleasure. The goal of this experiment was to prove a few points. Three points actually.

The first was, if they were all at the same arc length, all at the same amperage, which would create a puddle at the lowest amperage setting. The goal was simple, only enough heat to melt and fuse, but not melt threw to the back side.
    The second was, at that setting, which would create the deepest penetration, narrowest bead width and use the least filler. The idea was it's easy to weld big, hot, and excessive, most materials are quite forgiving. Understanding what affects the weld profile, small an penetrating is achievable.
    The third...well, that had to do with arc plasma theory and would probably just mess up your mind for a good nights sleep, but assuming your a thinker, there's arc physics involved.
    However, on a simple level, it's how the shielding gas, in this case Argon, creates it's path and shape.

Now...remember tungsten comes in different sizes. Different types as well. Kind of like pencils. Studies have shown those arc characteristics enhance or detract depending on the application, currents, power source type.

The spin off in this small effort was also a few other points. The effects on arc length and voltage to puddle formation and viscosity. The effect of a high frequency current and the path it took for a setting of intensity. As well, high and low CFH and how it had an effect.

As far as the grinding into shape marks, lol...I don't have a diamond disc and as coarse as they appear, they were mostly ground longitudinal. Lol...they were spun quickly into shape and if it was more a concern for the sake of science it would have been held to a tighter more refined result. I might have used a flap wheel.

One more thing...when you look over the pictures, reading this commentary, that of others...what are you learning? Tig welding small tube? No, your not learning that, your getting advice on what to learn. What you learn, you must apply.

I'm with the other's...Oh well? Add to the conversation or start a different one. You to could have the honor of bars and title. Be involved.
    From where I'm sitting and typing, you're being a Butthead Bevis, pardon the pun. Aheh,aheh,aheh.

Tell you what, start that new thread and call it "Here's my small pipe welds, what can I do to improve them?".

Put it out there and see what bites the line? I'd be all over it.
    Give us something else to talk about and we will.

Leave a comment:

• ryanjones2150
    replied
    There's tons of info on this topic, but there's really not a whole lot to discuss. In fact, I can't think of anything else to talk about that hasn't already been mentioned.

So unless you have something specific to ask....

Leave a comment:

• Ltbadd
    replied
    if you have a specific question please ask, or consider starting your own thread

Leave a comment:

• bevis
    replied

Leave a comment:

• FusionKing
    replied
    OH MY
    I have my crown intact !!

Leave a comment:

• ryanjones2150
    replied
    No way, 7+5=12. No other way to find that answer than to combine the addends together for a sum. The end. No common core here, by god.

Leave a comment:

• griff01
    replied
    Originally posted by Ltbadd View Post
    Place your cursor on the bars and you'll see.

[ATTACH=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","title":"snip_20190209072732.jpg","data-attachmentid":595037**[/ATTACH]
    Well heck. I didn't know that would happen!
    I'm sure everyone has noticed already but, the number of posts don't correlate to the number of bars. Maybe it's common core math..

Griff

Last edited by griff01; 02-09-2019, 03:18 PM.

Leave a comment:

• sledsports
    replied

[ATTACH=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","title":"snip_20190209072732.jpg","data-attachmentid":595037**[/ATTACH]
    Oh my

Leave a comment:

• Noel
    replied

Oh my sweet silent secrets. How'd that get discovered? I haven't been this amused in a long time. Well done on the discovery!

Leave a comment:

• ryanjones2150
    replied
    The bars signify how pretty one is. Don't hate me because I'm beautiful.

Leave a comment:

• Ltbadd
    replied

Click image for larger version

Name:	snip_20190209072732.jpg
Views:	128
Size:	18.6 KB
ID:	595037

Leave a comment:

• sledsports
    replied
    What does these bars mean anyway?

Leave a comment:

• Ltbadd
    replied