X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FusionKing
    replied
    Originally posted by Ltbadd View Post

You should be careful, I mean, do we know if any are ever taken away!
    Careful is right!
    You have too many for a Lieutenant.....and I am too few to be King

Leave a comment:

• Ltbadd
    replied
    Originally posted by ryanjones2150 View Post
    How many bars do I have now? They don't show up on the phone app. I've been trying to sell them for a while now...
    You should be careful, I mean, do we know if any are ever taken away!

Leave a comment:

• Aeronca41
    replied
    You have a full house, Ryan.

Leave a comment:

• ryanjones2150
    replied
    How many bars do I have now? They don't show up on the phone app. I've been trying to sell them for a while now...

Leave a comment:

• MAC702
    replied
    Originally posted by Ltbadd View Post
    Some of you need to have a second row started!
    And maybe some other colors!

Leave a comment:

• ryanjones2150
    replied
    Next thing you know they'll tax you when you die. Oh wait, what's this....?

https://www.irs.gov/businesses/small-businesses-self-employed/estate-tax

Leave a comment:

• ShieldArc
    replied
    I would oxy acetylene weld that after tacking with 5p+.

Leave a comment:

• Noel
    replied
    It's another form of taxation on the poor, middle class, and those freezing butts north of the 49th .

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/cana...n-tax-a-guide/

"Where the money goes:
    There are many ways the revenue can be used, such as offering rebates to customers, spending it on emission-reducing measures, lowering other taxes or including it as general revenue."
    Taxation on the poor, middle class, and those freezing butts north of the 49th.
    Collective suffering. It's what we're good at?
    Gouge and screw them tax on top adding insult to injury.
    Tired of, but good at. I just bend over now.

Did you hear we over paid for a pipe line? I mention that in keeping with the thread of things.

Leave a comment:

• Ltbadd
    replied
    Originally posted by ryanjones2150 View Post
    What in the blue blazes is a carbon levy?
    Ask Al Gore

Leave a comment:

• ryanjones2150
    replied
    What in the blue blazes is a carbon levy?

Leave a comment:

• Willvis
    replied
    I guess if I was your friend I would say come get your pipe but I'm not paying you to take it out? Stop paying the bill, its not like there gonna turn your gas off, but I guess they'll go after your credit. Anyways I realize the gas line was not "free", they're getting the money back from selling you the gas for the life of the property, not to mention the other fees. And although I now have a 2nd meter fee of around $30 a month, I get a comercial rate on the shop which might actually make it cheaper depending on my gas usage. I'm quite happy to have gas on my property. Its the cheapest source of heat as far as Im concerned. I like the "idea" of wood heat but not the practicality. By the time you build a storage shed, get a log splitter, and all the time you spend splitting and stacking wood gas starts to look pretty good.

About the carbon tax, I don't get it. Isnt the idea that the carbon users are paying the tax and those who are carbon negative get a refund? I have 3 acres of forest on my property, Im sure Im carbon negative. Where the heck is my cheque?

Leave a comment:

• Noel
    replied
    The hard part of installing the gas line was digging the trench. The small details were the isometric drawing the city required to be drawn on the application, I was told it showed home owner trade competence. The "piping legs requirement" , which eludes me visually except why they were required by code to account for frost heave and ground settling.

And while I recall the inspector doing a tape measured visual to the depth of trench, and the visual inspection of welds before things were wrapped and buried, his concern was it held line pressure without a drop in pressure.

But these days as you mentioned, it's all that poly pipe off a roll, hard part is still however the trench.

Here's a pipe story. Got a buddy on a rural acreage who thought he was tired of paying for natural gas so he said, shut my gas off. They did, and the next month, he gets a bill.

For the record, my Carbon Levy on my last bill. $37.71.
    This government is so going down in the next election. Legal weed isn't buying my vote.

So... he calls then up and asks why. Turns out, they own the line to the house. You don't have to buy gas but unless you don't want our line in the yard anymore, which they would dig out for around $15 grand, your paying rent to keep it there. LOL, right over a barrel.

We were talking small pipe and tube. If I ever move out to the country...I'll be welding mine to the property line.

Leave a comment:

• Willvis
    replied
    Noel thats awesome that you welded your gas line. I was actually contemplating running the line to my shop with black pipe and wraping it in pvc pipe wrap. I would have needed a 1 1/4 line from the house to the shop and all I could get locally in poly was 1". I ended up getting fortis to put in a new line and meter for free. I read through the gas code and it sounded like as a certified welder I would be allowed to weld gas piping on my own installation? What was the inspectors reaction when he saw your welded pipe haha?

hey atleast were getting back into the topic of welding smaller pipe.

Leave a comment:

• Ltbadd
    replied
    Originally posted by FusionKing View Post
    And suddenly everybody but me got promoted!!
    Some of you need to have a second row started!

Leave a comment:

• FusionKing
    replied
    And suddenly everybody but me got promoted!!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X