Spectrum 675 plasma

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spectrum 675 plasma

Hey guys, I'm contemplating saving up my pennies for a Spectrum 675 plasma cutter sometime this year. I know Hypertherm is the favorite, but I don't like that the torch and/or ground clamp are built into the others, and I really want multi-voltage setup. However I notice a large number of negative reviews about the XT-40 torch, which gives me pause. I also know that the torch makes the plasma cutter and that Miller is primarily a power supply company and not a plasma torch company, which also gives me pause. Anyone have any experience to share with the Miller plasmas?

Thanks!

Well whatever you get, I highly discourage disabling the safety switch on the torch handle.

Comment

The 675 Xtreme is quite pricey in it's market segment. It is quite small though, looking at similar competing units. In the same price class is the Hypertherm 45XP, the HTP Microcut 40/55, Thermal Dynamics Cutmaster 58/60i. If I hadn't gotten hung up on looks (to match my machines, lol), I would have bought aTD Cutmaster 60i, or maybe even an 82.
      HTP Invertig221 D.V. Water-cooled
      HTP Pro Pulse 300 MIG
      HTP ProPulse 200 MIG x2
      HTP Inverarc 200 TLP water cooled
      HTP Microcut 875SC

Comment

I bought a Miller Spectrum 875 in 2010 and it has worked well. The only issue i have is the torch cable is very stiff, like a cheap water hose.
        Last edited by MMW; 01-27-2019, 12:14 PM.
        MM250
        Trailblazer 250g
        22a feeder
        Lincoln ac/dc 225
        Victor O/A
        MM200 black face
        Whitney 30 ton hydraulic punch
        Lown 1/8x 36" power roller
        Arco roto-phase model M
        Vectrax 7x12 band saw
        Miller spectrum 875
        30a spoolgun w/wc-24
        Syncrowave 250
        RCCS-14

Comment

The Powermax 45 is several hundred dollars more as I recall. Also, most of the bad press I've seen on the Miller centers around issues with the 625 main control board and issues with the xt-40 torch.

Comment

Working...
          X