Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dalmatiangirl61
    • Nov 2011

PA is way too far away, at the moment I am out west in the most remote community in lower 48 states, others claim that title, but they have not figured out where we are yet. Pick a direction, any direction, and its 250+ miles to a major city, and nothing but sage brush inbetween. I'll be back in Tx soon, lots of equip down there.

Comment

• Aeronca41
      • Jun 2014

Yep--no help from PA! There are lots of machines in TX. Good luck; hope you find a deal on exactly what you need. You can put it in the truck and take it home.

Comment

• FusionKing
        • Nov 2006

Just so you know.....all those square wave machines have boards. Some are now obsolete too. Getting a transformer machine that is old can actually cause a lot of grief in certain cases. If you can't try it, then don't buy it. I'm not saying that those machines are junk. Just pointing out the fact that electronics were used to achieve "square wave" and they fail just like any other board and are not cheap when they do.
        Because there are enough people with the frame of mind that older is better, that it can in certain areas, drive the cost higher.

If you want a older robust tig machine, look for a Miller AB/P 300 or a Lincoln 300/300
        Those 2 machines are rock solid and simple, you can find them being used in factories to this day. They can be run on lower amp service if not used for high amps. Outdated ? Yes. Badass ? Certainly And they weld aluminum perfectly too
        Any more than that and you are getting picky or at least better(at tigging) if you can use the options on newer designs.

www.facebook.com/outbackaluminumwelding
        Miller Dynasty 700...OH YEA BABY!!
        MM 350P...PULSE SPRAYIN' MONSTER
        Miller Dynasty 280 with AC independent expansion card
        Miller Dynasty 200 DX "Blue Lightning"

Miller Bobcat 225 NT (what I began my present Biz with!)
        Miller 30-A Spoolgun
        Miller WC-115-A
        Miller Spectrum 300
        Miller 225 Thunderbolt (my first machine bought new 1980)
        Miller Digital Elite Titanium 9400

Comment

• ryanjones2150
          • Jul 2014

I have a 1974 330 ab/p branded as an airco 3a. She's a skookum beast. I have had to repair it, even though the parts are updated and required some modification to the machine, she's choochin along just fine. If you look for a machine like that, make sure you have a way to unload it once you get her home; she's a big girl...

Comment

• Burnt hands
            • Dec 2007

dalmatiangirl61,

I have an old AIrco Heliwelder I will give you if you want.
            It was the first welder I bought and it was used when I got it.
            Still works and has the old mechanical contactor which pulls in each time the foot pedal is pressed.
            I named her "Thumper". I feed her 240 VAC 60 Hz single phase.
            I understand, you are way out west and I am in PA near Philadelphia but the offer stands.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Cover.jpg
Views:	990
Size:	32.4 KB
ID:	594541Click image for larger version

Name:	Slide15.JPG
Views:	963
Size:	69.0 KB
ID:	594542
            Miller Dynasty 350, Dynasty 210 DX, Hypertherm 1000, Thermal Arc GTSW400, Airco Heliwelder II, oxy-fuel setup, metal cutting bandsaw, air compressor, drill press, large first aid kit, etc.

Call me the "Clouseau" of welding !

Comment

• ryanjones2150
              • Jul 2014

Good lookin machine there.

Comment

• Burnt hands
                • Dec 2007

Ryan,

Yes, I have Thumper and you have Helga.

Good equipment that will last for years.
                Miller Dynasty 350, Dynasty 210 DX, Hypertherm 1000, Thermal Arc GTSW400, Airco Heliwelder II, oxy-fuel setup, metal cutting bandsaw, air compressor, drill press, large first aid kit, etc.

Call me the "Clouseau" of welding !

Comment

Working...
                X