Millermatic 211

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Millermatic 211

This is for sale local to me, it doesn't look like the current 211 that I'm familiar with, does anyone know if this is an inverter, trying to get the serial #

Click image for larger version

Name:	3c59e4c347b94a5682dd82014e360486.jpg
Views:	205
Size:	30.8 KB
ID:	594433
    Attached Files
    Richard

Transformer. My neighbor has one just like that. I like it.

Comment

Yep. What Ryan said. They are dual voltage with an included adapter plug. Not real potent on 120v, but it works. On 230v, I was really impressed with how it attacked some 5/16 plate. Low duty cycle, but lots of ummph for a little box. I have two of 'em now (don't ask....); work great, but getting heavier and heavier for an old guy to cart around--had to go fix a trailer last month, and I took the new baby Hobart Stickmate inverter instead of lugging the 211 with flux core.

Comment

Yup, lightweight sure does count at times. One day the welder power source itself will be smaller than the roll of wire. I hope to be alive to see this. So I can dig up this post. And say I told you so.
        HTP Invertig221 D.V. Water-cooled
        HTP Pro Pulse 300 MIG
        HTP Pro Pulse 200 MIG x2
        HTP Pro Pulse 220 MTS
        HTP Inverarc 200 TLP water cooled
        HTP Microcut 875SC

Comment

Seller has it listed for $800, is this a good deal or would the new 211 be better?
          Richard

Comment

I just bought my second 211 like that one with a cart, leather welding jacket, hood, and a box of tips and nozzles for 600, in good shape. But it probably depends on the local market. I thought the $600 was a deal, that's why I have two, and two guys are trying to buy the second one from me--may sell it. The big diff between the new and the old is weight (obviously!) but performance wise everyone I've heard from likes both of them. Repair cost? My guess is the new one is a disposable, because you can buy it for a bit over a grand and it will probably cost that to repair it if it breaks; don't know, just that seems to be the story with inverter welders. I haven't taken my old one apart, but I'm guessing a sharp electronics guy oughu to be able to fix almost anything in there for a hundred bucks or less, assuming they can figure out how to fix the board. I don't know what a new mainboard costs for the old 211, but I'd bet it's a lost less than a new IGBT pack for the new 211. I'll have to look it up and see.

Comment

Originally posted by OscarJr View Post
              Yup, lightweight sure does count at times. One day the welder power source itself will be smaller than the roll of wire. I hope to be alive to see this. So I can dig up this post. And say I told you so.
              i'm pretty sure I won't be around....

That technology might be right up there with the cordless nuclear powered vacuum cleaner that General Atomics was working on back in the late 50's.....

Comment

Originally posted by Ltbadd View Post
                Seller has it listed for $800, is this a good deal or would the new 211 be better?
                The new 211 is still a good machine even though it left a slight bitter taste in my mouth, lol. We ordered one at the school where I work, because it really is nice and versatile, and the AutoSet works great on it, both for solid wire and flux core. No drive assembly/roll problems on that one, it works great. IIRC the Spoolgun works with AutoSet as well, so long as you take the extra step to calibrate it to the machine.
                HTP Invertig221 D.V. Water-cooled
                HTP Pro Pulse 300 MIG
                HTP Pro Pulse 200 MIG x2
                HTP Pro Pulse 220 MTS
                HTP Inverarc 200 TLP water cooled
                HTP Microcut 875SC

Comment

I Have a New 211 ( Transformer ) that a bought a few years ago.........I've been playing with Arc & Tig all my life........So I bought the 211 really just to tack things and then come back later & weld with the tig.............but I really like it and now it see's equal duty....welds up to 3/8" No problem & the auto set function is pretty close.
                  Even likes my old 250 Bobcat and rides around in the back of the truck sometimes with it for mobile repairs.......I only paid $999.00 for it back in 2012 from Central............He might be high at $800...

Comment

Thanks for the replies
                    Richard

Comment

For only a few dollars more you can get the Hobart 210 MVP brand spanking new.

Comment

Originally posted by ryanjones2150 View Post
                        For only a few dollars more you can get the Hobart 210 MVP brand spanking new.
                        And the Miller 211 still has a $200 rebate....

I haven't heard alot about the Hobart, but nothing bad either.
                        Richard

Comment

A know a couple of people that have them and I've used one briefly. I think the arc is very similar to that of the 211. I will say, one of my friends bought the Hobart, plugged it in and it immediately let all the smoke out. Called Hobart, talked to a human being right away, they replaced it straight away. Said to take it back to where he bought it and if they refused to take it back, then to call them back from the store and they'd handle it. The exchange was no problem and the second one chooched without a hitch.

Comment

At $800 for the used one, I think I'd get the new (and lighter) one for not that much more. I have the older transformer one and never had a problem with it, but at over 80# it can be a pain

Comment

Working...
                            X