Spoolmatic 30a connector

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spoolmatic 30a connector

I ordered a spoolmatic 30a off ebay for running off the trailblazer. Id like to make a pig tail adapter to hook up to the lincoln. I was wondering if someone can measure the 10 pin connector diameter so I can try and figure out the right amphenol connector for it. Is it the same size diameter as the 14 pin or smaller? Better yet would be if someone had an amphenol part #.
    www.silvercreekwelding.com

Miller Trailblazer 325 efi
    Miller extreme 12vs
    Thermal arc 186 ac/dc
    Lincoln power wave 455m/stt with 10m dual feeder

You would need a WC24 controller for the 30A to run it on a trailblazer, to Run it on a Lincoln engine drive , you would need a Weld Alert adaptor for $320 Cad.

Comment

Jeff, the gun is coming with the wc-24. I want to be able to put it my lincoln powerwave with a 10m feeder. I believe the 10m outputs 0-24 vdc on the 7 pin push pull connector but the spool gun uses 0-32 vdc. So maybe it will feed a little slower but should probably work ok. The other option is to maybe feed the wc-24 with a 24v ac transformer and just connect the triger wires to the feeder. I realize this is going to spin the drive rolls on the 10m feeder but im not worried about it for now. Just a temporary setup till I can afford a push-pull.

Btw I met you once. I have your winter cover for my trailblazer

Miller extreme 12vs
      Thermal arc 186 ac/dc

Comment

Jeff, do you have a female 10 pin for the spoolmatic and a male 7 pin for the lincoln push/pull connector. If so how much and whats your number?

Miller extreme 12vs
        Thermal arc 186 ac/dc

Comment

I make that adaptor, $120 Cad. 780 887-9353, however you can't feed less than 035 wire, as the drive won't spin fast enough on the Lincoln. and no , you can't merely drive the gun off your feeder, as you still need the WC-24, and it only feeds 1 24Vac line back to the power source so you would need a relay with dry connects back to the feeder trigger. $320 gets you around that **** wrapped up in a nice magnetic box, then run whatever wire you want.
          Last edited by cruizer; 01-16-2019, 10:09 AM.

Comment

Working...
          X