Good Gloves for General Welding

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good Gloves for General Welding

The gloves that came with my Miller 210 in 2002 are giving up. No logo or brand name on them. I'm looking for a new pair. Sooo many choices, not all of them good.

Torch
    Stick

I have a good TIG pair.

I'm not a brand fanatic, so anything you recommend will be strongly considered.

The old pair was mostly leather, with cloth only on the backs of the hands. VERY heavily insulated, yet not so much so as to limit action.

I do mostly MIG, with some stick. Torch I reserve for burning and special, tiny work, and "heating and beating". It's during the stick work that insulation is so appreciated.

I don't need to find myself. I'm always at my lathe.

The last 7 years of my welding career I bought my own gloves as I didn't like the giant thick things the shop gave us. I bought the $2 el cheapos from the dollar store and they suited me perfect. Most of the time I just used the left one as I never wore one on my right hand...Bob
    Bob Wright

Spool Gun conversion. How To Do It. Below.
    http://www.millerwelds.com/resources...php?albumid=48

Comment

I've tried el cheapos, but I keep getting burned. Cheapos are mostly cloth.
      I've been looking on Ebay, and Black Stallion, Miller, Lincoln, and Hobart have vary attractive offerings, but I don't know if it's all looks, or they're really good.

I don't need to find myself. I'm always at my lathe.

Comment

I've found the Harbor Freight jobbies to be decent for the money.

Comment

Good gloves are the free ones they supply you with at work haha.
          Watson gloves are probably the most popular around here. They're made in Canada so Im not sure if they are available in the US. They seem to be of decent quality for a reasonable price. Lots of different options. Just go to the welding store and pick a pair you like. I dont think theres that much of a difference in quality between different brands so dont spend a ton of money on a flashy pair.
          www.silvercreekwelding.com

Miller Trailblazer 325 efi
          Miller extreme 12vs
          Thermal arc 186 ac/dc
          Lincoln power wave 455m/stt with 10m dual feeder

Comment

Go with something like this https://www.amazon.com/John-Tillman-...welding+gloves

Good for all kinds of welding
            www.silvercreekwelding.com

Miller Trailblazer 325 efi
            Miller extreme 12vs
            Thermal arc 186 ac/dc
            Lincoln power wave 455m/stt with 10m dual feeder

Comment

These are the best (for me) mig welding gloves I have found.

http://jtillman.com/products/gloves/mig/50/

The Tillman 50 is comfortable and still has the right amount of dexterity and they're not expensive.

As far as stick welding goes, this is the most recent pair I've used and I'd say probably my favorite so far.

http://jtillman.com/products/gloves/stick/1075/

Also happen to be Tillman, but my LWS cares that brand. Again, not expensive, they're just heavy enough for stick welding and flexible enough to keep on when I grind.

That's my 2 cents worth.

Comment

Thanks for the links, gotta try some of these out!
                HTP Invertig221 D.V. Water-cooled
                HTP Pro Pulse 300 MIG
                HTP ProPulse 200 MIG
                HTP Inverarc 200 TLP water cooled
                HTP Microcut 875SC

Comment

I found some "no name" light tan/yellow gloves last year at TSC that were just fantastic--nicely cut for no binding with my XL hands, well insulated, and durable. Went back for more about a month ago and they didn't have 'em. Check your local TSC and see if they might still have some.

Comment

Originally posted by Aeronca41 View Post
                    I found some "no name" light tan/yellow gloves last year at TSC that were just fantastic--nicely cut for no binding with my XL hands, well insulated, and durable. Went back for more about a month ago and they didn't have 'em. Check your local TSC and see if they might still have some.
                    This may be what your talking about.
                    https://www.tractorsupply.com/tsc/pr...welding-gloves

Comment

That looks like them, and TSC says my local store doesn't have them any more; have to buy on line. Probably worth a try; they're cheap enough.

Comment

Originally posted by Aeronca41 View Post
                        That looks like them, and TSC says my local store doesn't have them any more; have to buy on line. Probably worth a try; they're cheap enough.
                        They probably were out selling all the other gloves so they pulled them. That’s a good price.

Comment

Working...
                        X