Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MillerMatic 255?

Is the 255 w/pulse available yet?

Well, it's not on Miller's website yet, but Welding Supplies from IOC has it listed
    Richard

Comment

Cyberweld has it to, !

Comment

Originally posted by Ltbadd View Post
        Well, it's not on Miller's website yet, but Welding Supplies from IOC has it listed
        Please give us a call at 866-854-7380 to inquire about availability. Pre-Orders will be shipping around January 19th.

Missed this yesterday
        Richard

Comment

I emailed Miller today with a question regarding connecting a spool gun to the 255. I think they get a lot of email questions so may take a while for an answer.
          The question was if my older Spoolmatic 30 (1990's) would hook directly to the 255? I didn't see a socket for the remote-10 in any info I could find on the 255.
          If I upgraded I would like to have the regular MIG gun and the spool always connected as it is now on my old MM250.
          Push-pull would be nice but I see that has to take the place of the regular MIG. Then I would need two machines .

Comment

I'd love to have the spool gun module for my MM250.

Comment

Tool store near me had one just before christmas so Im sure a few places have them.
              www.silvercreekwelding.com

Miller Trailblazer 325 efi
              Miller extreme 12vs
              Thermal arc 186 ac/dc
              Lincoln power wave 455m/stt with 10m dual feeder

Comment

My supplier has them now (2)

www.facebook.com/outbackaluminumwelding
                Miller Dynasty 700...OH YEA BABY!!
                MM 350P...PULSE SPRAYIN' MONSTER
                Miller Dynasty 280 with AC independent expansion card
                Miller Dynasty 200 DX "Blue Lightning"

Miller Bobcat 225 NT (what I began my present Biz with!)
                Miller 30-A Spoolgun
                Miller WC-115-A
                Miller Spectrum 300
                Miller 225 Thunderbolt (my first machine bought new 1980)
                Miller Digital Elite Titanium 9400

Comment

"Tool store near me had one just before christmas so Im sure a few places have them."
                  "My supplier has them now (2)"
                  I don't see where that is?

Comment

Originally posted by Ferrucci-fabrications View Post
                    I emailed Miller today with a question regarding connecting a spool gun to the 255. I think they get a lot of email questions so may take a while for an answer.
                    The question was if my older Spoolmatic 30 (1990's) would hook directly to the 255? I didn't see a socket for the remote-10 in any info I could find on the 255.
                    If I upgraded I would like to have the regular MIG gun and the spool always connected as it is now on my old MM250.
                    Push-pull would be nice but I see that has to take the place of the regular MIG. Then I would need two machines .
                    The answer is yes the Spoolmatic 30 (I did say it was an older one) will plug right in to the 255. The 10 pin connector is under the side cover, I'm assuming the cover where the wire spool is. And I can leave them both hooked up as before. Just pull which ever trigger and the machine will go to the last settings used with either one. Sounds good to me.

Comment

Originally posted by ryanjones2150 View Post
                      I'd love to have the spool gun module for my MM250.
                      If I get the 255 I probably would sell the MM250. Would rather keep it but it's not practical to have both.
                      I'm interested in the MM255 because I looking to upgrade the aluminum MIG with the pulse. Before the 255 you had to go to the 350 or the 350 aluminum and that was out of the budget. Push pull would be cool but more effort to switch it over for the steel.
                      I read some posts (elsewhere) that poo-pooed the MM250 but I never had any trouble with it. I use it more for aluminum with the spool gun but I could put down TIG-like beads with it on steel. Never understood what the complaints were about or what was so much better on a 252? My 250 was bought new by me, only used by me, well cared for and is in excellent condition.

Comment

I have a 250, she's a beast, has a harsh arc when compared to other machines, but it welds good for me too. I made a short 10' whip and throw 3/64th 5356 down with no problems, only had one bird's nest and that was completely my fault.

My machine doesn't have the spool gun module, but I'm fairly sure I can put one in it.

Comment

Originally posted by ryanjones2150 View Post
                          I have a 250, she's a beast, has a harsh arc when compared to other machines, but it welds good for me too. I made a short 10' whip and throw 3/64th 5356 down with no problems, only had one bird's nest and that was completely my fault.

My machine doesn't have the spool gun module, but I'm fairly sure I can put one in it.
                          I've heard others describe the harsh arc but that is all I used for the last 20+ years so it's all I know and I guess I'm used to it.
                          Interesting about the 10' whip and 3/64 5356. Did you use any particular liner also?
                          I'm pretty sure you can put the module in. They were an option back then that the LWS installed for me when I bought the 250. Only reason I can guess for you putting in the module and using the spool gun would be to use .030 or .035 wire (4043 or 4943) and turn it down? I TIG a lot of aluminum so the spool gun only gets used when I want to speed things up. I call it "production mode".
                          Last edited by Ferrucci-fabrications; 01-11-2019, 01:17 PM.

Comment

The 250s have a tight sweet spot too, so it's a little more sensitive when dialing it in.

I generally like to tig aluminum too. Last few months I've had some pretty heavy aluminum jobs and I just can't take all day to make these welds with tig, so I fire up the heavy wire.

No specially liner, I think it'll feed up to .054 wire, seems like that's right. I took the old, beat up whip that was on it when I got it, cut it down and made it throw that wire like crazy. It actually does a really good job.

Comment

Has any anyone got a 255 yet ? pros, cons, review ?

Comment

Working...
                              X