Help--4

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help--4

I have a syncrowave 200. I haven't used it for probably 4 or 5 months, but when I put it away it was working fine. Today I pulled it out for a little job, and I get Help--4, which is something bad in the rectifier (don't have the manual in front of me at the moment) It is a older machine, but probably doesn't have 5 hours on it. It really seems odd that it would go bad just sitting there. Has anyone else gotten that and fixed it themselves?

Help 4 Indicates an open in the thermal protection circuitry located on the rectifier assembly of the unit.

Comment

Originally posted by KWiK View Post
      I have a syncrowave 200. I haven't used it for probably 4 or 5 months, but when I put it away it was working fine. Today I pulled it out for a little job, and I get Help--4, which is something bad in the rectifier (don't have the manual in front of me at the moment) It is a older machine, but probably doesn't have 5 hours on it. It really seems odd that it would go bad just sitting there. Has anyone else gotten that and fixed it themselves?
      A mouse may have chewed through a wire . Really. It is possible.
      They really do like chewing on wires.

Griff

PS
      On the lighter side, Honda Motors has developed a "rodent proof wiring insulation".
      Mice have discovered that this new insulation also tastes good!
      Last edited by griff01; 01-08-2019, 08:39 AM. Reason: Added info.

Comment

Yup. Just repaired a brand new heating element for a friend of mine. He's building a house and since it gets so cold here (supposed to be 70 today), he hasn't got around to putting his heating strips in. Pulled them out the other day to go ahead and install them, the little toothy rodents chewed the living daylights out of the wiring on just one of the sets, even though they're in the same box.

It's worth investigating.

Comment

...not to mention what their bigger cousins (gray squirrels) can do to the hydraulic hoses inside my bucket truck boom over a winter if not protected.....they just love chewing, and apparently even hydraulic fluid doesn't bother them much. So the little guys just love chewing welder wiring--or other wiring, for that matter. Friends had their house burned down by the critters chewing wires in the attic, according to the insurance investigators. Look for chewed wires.

Comment

Yup, seen a few fires from chewed wiring...

It doesn't surprise me that those squirrels eat your hydraulic hoses, the goofy critters eat the lead off from around the vent pipes on houses too...can't imaging that's good for their reproductive future.

Comment

Is there a reset to default function for that machine?

www.facebook.com/outbackaluminumwelding
              Miller Dynasty 700...OH YEA BABY!!
              MM 350P...PULSE SPRAYIN' MONSTER
              Miller Dynasty 280 with AC independent expansion card
              Miller Dynasty 200 DX "Blue Lightning"

Miller Bobcat 225 NT (what I began my present Biz with!)
              Miller 30-A Spoolgun
              Miller WC-115-A
              Miller Spectrum 300
              Miller 225 Thunderbolt (my first machine bought new 1980)
              Miller Digital Elite Titanium 9400

Comment

Thanks guys. I took a day off for mental recuperation. The welder was just the end of a horrible day. Anyhow I just pulled the cover and one side, blew the dust out. Noticed instructions on adjusting the spark gap. First one seemed tight, but second try the feeler went through. Not sure if there might have been something in there or I was just misaligned, but after those two things I tried it again, and I now get the amp reading instead of the help

Comment

Excellent!

Comment

Working...
                  X