Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dynasty 210DX Problem

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Dynasty 210DX Problem

    Well, I had hoped that my machine would be the one that served me well for many years with no issues like I have read others had, but, just over 2 years old and I dropped it off at the shop this morning, still under warranty, but I am disappointed none the less.

    Last night I turned it on, went to initiate the arc and nothing, did get gas flow and the CPS water cooler did come on. The tech said sometimes the arc starting board goes bad, we'll see.

    Meanwhile I'm down until next year.
    Richard

  • #2
    The tech called, the main control board will be replaced...
    Richard

    Comment


    • #3
      You need more machines.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by ryanjones2150 View Post
        You need more machines.
        I've been hearing that voice in my mind, thanks for the confirmation

        Next week when I get this back I'll check the hours, I'm thinking it'll be around 30 - 40
        Richard

        Comment


        • #5
          We must have the same voice speaking to us...weird.

          Comment


          • #6
            It happens, but Miller does cover their machines without much fuss, which is great I'd say.
            HTP Invertig221 D.V. Water-cooled
            HTP Pro Pulse 300 MIG
            HTP ProPulse 200 MIG
            HTP Inverarc 200 TLP water cooled
            HTP Microcut 875SC

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by OscarJr View Post
              It happens, but Miller does cover their machines without much fuss, which is great I'd say.
              This reminds me of BMW owners. Whenever you mention the cars are unreliable, they talk about how great the warranty is. On the other hand, on my Honda's, I've never had to use the warranty, which is best I think. Wife loves her BMW's. None of the last 3 made it through the warranty without needing trips to the dealer for repairs. I'd rather they not break in the first place. I just got a recall notice because the bolts on her current BMW that hold the steering shaft to the steering gear box are breaking and need inspection and potentially replacement.

              I'd say welder breaking at 30 hours is pretty unacceptable. Is it an early model? My takeaway from much welder discussion is that you don't want early models of any new US welders. Wait till things settle out. You know the same thing is true of BMW's too.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by MasterKwan View Post

                This reminds me of BMW owners. Whenever you mention the cars are unreliable, they talk about how great the warranty is. On the other hand, on my Honda's, I've never had to use the warranty, which is best I think. Wife loves her BMW's. None of the last 3 made it through the warranty without needing trips to the dealer for repairs. I'd rather they not break in the first place. I just got a recall notice because the bolts on her current BMW that hold the steering shaft to the steering gear box are breaking and need inspection and potentially replacement.

                I'd say welder breaking at 30 hours is pretty unacceptable. Is it an early model? My takeaway from much welder discussion is that you don't want early models of any new US welders. Wait till things settle out. You know the same thing is true of BMW's too.
                I would agree. Waited (and saved) for a couple of years before buying my Dynasty 200. And it was worth it, because I bought it after Blue Lightning was added and was stable. Your remind me of a sign someone had posted in their office when I used to work for a high tech military contractor.....a take-off on the old Ford "Quality is Job One" slogan. "At Microsoft, Quality is Job 1.1 or higher". Applies to a lot of things.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by MasterKwan View Post

                  I'd say welder breaking at 30 hours is pretty unacceptable. Is it an early model? My takeaway from much welder discussion is that you don't want early models of any new US welders. Wait till things settle out. You know the same thing is true of BMW's too.
                  Purchased August of 2016, not sure when the 210 debued, but is it not a continuation of the 200?
                  Richard

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Ha! I use a similar line with customers that bring stuff to me for repair that have already been repaired by some hack somewhere....it's (enter item repaired here) version 2.0. Most of them get a kick out of the humor at their expense.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Ltbadd View Post

                      Purchased August of 2016, not sure when the 210 debued, but is it not a continuation of the 200?
                      Looks like they were announced in September 2015. Not sure when they actually were put up for sale. August shouldn't be considered early then.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by MasterKwan View Post
                        My takeaway from much welder discussion is that you don't want early models of any new US welders. Wait till things settle out.
                        So...when do the problems with inverters "settle out"?

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Ltbadd View Post

                          Purchased August of 2016, not sure when the 210 debued, but is it not a continuation of the 200?
                          Nope it's not.
                          More like a detuned 280 IMO.
                          There is no way they could have upgraded the duty cycle on a 200 so much in the same box. Maybe a morph of the two at the least.
                          You got the good stuff already. It should be bulletproof

                          www.facebook.com/outbackaluminumwelding
                          Miller Dynasty 700...OH YEA BABY!!
                          MM 350P...PULSE SPRAYIN' MONSTER
                          Miller Dynasty 280 with AC independent expansion card
                          Miller Dynasty 200 DX "Blue Lightning"

                          Miller Bobcat 225 NT (what I began my present Biz with!)
                          Miller 30-A Spoolgun
                          Miller WC-115-A
                          Miller Spectrum 300
                          Miller 225 Thunderbolt (my first machine bought new 1980)
                          Miller Digital Elite Titanium 9400

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Helios View Post

                            So...when do the problems with inverters "settle out"?
                            Just before the newer replacement comes out that interchanges nothing.

                            www.facebook.com/outbackaluminumwelding
                            Miller Dynasty 700...OH YEA BABY!!
                            MM 350P...PULSE SPRAYIN' MONSTER
                            Miller Dynasty 280 with AC independent expansion card
                            Miller Dynasty 200 DX "Blue Lightning"

                            Miller Bobcat 225 NT (what I began my present Biz with!)
                            Miller 30-A Spoolgun
                            Miller WC-115-A
                            Miller Spectrum 300
                            Miller 225 Thunderbolt (my first machine bought new 1980)
                            Miller Digital Elite Titanium 9400

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by FusionKing View Post

                              You got the good stuff already. It should be bulletproof
                              Maybe with a new main board
                              Richard

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X