I expanded the fleet

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I expanded the fleet

I posted about a Syncrowave 500 a while back and this was more of a want than a need... the notion passed and figured I could use another piece of equipment instead of one that was going to be a huge conversation piece that would take up shop floor space. DO NOT KILL ME... instead of beating my Spectrum up dragging it in and out of the cart I bought a Everlast plasma. I hate the trafimet torch but do not mind the machine connections. So here's the question. Anyone know the pin outs to retrofit a hypertherm Hyamp torch. I I can get the trafimet plug just need to know if it can be done. I am fairly certain it can I know there's enough knowledge here that can point me in the right direction. Thanks guys and gals. And have a happy New Year
    Dynasty 400 wireless
    Coolmate 3.5
    Sw320 speedway
    Ck flex lock 230
    4 victor flow meters
    2 Flametech Duel flowmeters
    2 genuine miller torch buttons
    A$$ loads of tungsten
    XMT 350 CC/CV
    S74DX feeder
    Stick leads from here to China
    A30 Spool gun
    WC24
    Langmuir crossfire hobby table
    Everlast powerplasma 100 w hypertherm torch
    Harris O/A
    Pet raccoon
    I'm just a peckerwood in the boonies with fancy welding equipment

And no one knows how to retrofit this particular torch?
    Dynasty 400 wireless
    Coolmate 3.5
    Sw320 speedway
    Ck flex lock 230
    4 victor flow meters
    A$$ loads of tungsten
    XMT 350 CC/CV
    S74DX feeder
    A30 Spool gun
    WC24
    Harris O/A
    Pet raccoon

Comment

Maybe someone knows, but if they tell you, they'd have to...well, you know....

Comment

Originally posted by ryanjones2150 View Post
        Maybe someone knows, but if they tell you, they'd have to...well, you know....
        Kill me?. I'll figure it out its switching and wires bub. Not rocket science. If I blow something up at least it isn't my spectrum or 1250 g3.
        Dynasty 400 wireless
        Coolmate 3.5
        Sw320 speedway
        Ck flex lock 230
        4 victor flow meters
        A$$ loads of tungsten
        XMT 350 CC/CV
        S74DX feeder
        A30 Spool gun
        WC24
        Harris O/A
        Pet raccoon

Comment

Can't imagine it's too terribly tough. I have all the faith in the world on your ability.

Comment

I gotta feeling thatll be a good combination cause in all reality plasma is generated the same way. Hypertherm has always been a step ahead in the Torch department and that's where the "magick" happens anyways. Power source is just that... a power source. Some have more features, some have better more rugged construction, some have better duty cycle which I'm pretty impressed. The 100s is 60% full bore at 100 amp on single phase.
            Dynasty 400 wireless
            Coolmate 3.5
            Sw320 speedway
            Ck flex lock 230
            4 victor flow meters
            A$$ loads of tungsten
            XMT 350 CC/CV
            S74DX feeder
            A30 Spool gun
            WC24
            Harris O/A
            Pet raccoon

Comment

That's pretty skookum for sure.

Comment

I just hate that its Chinese. Technology wise I honestly think Everlast is ahead of alot of the others especially in the Tig world. I hate to say it but they had that "mixing DC on AC before dynasty did with didn't come till the last update on the 400. They are leap years ahead of Lincolns aspect line up. Not saying Lincoln is a bad product just seem to lack in keeping up in some areas and when they do they seem to "cheap out" and is pushing their MVP line hard. How rugged the everlast is well seems to be a crapshoot. Last few years seem to be getting better in the reliability department and I see Jody do pretty awesome stuff with them. But hes also a skilled hand that knows exactly what hes doing with whatever he has in his hand no matter what brand it is. I am fairly excited to add a green machine to my fleet. I think they are a nice looking machine. Like I say every manufacturer makes plasma the same way... the "magic" happens at the torch.
                Dynasty 400 wireless
                Coolmate 3.5
                Sw320 speedway
                Ck flex lock 230
                4 victor flow meters
                A$$ loads of tungsten
                XMT 350 CC/CV
                S74DX feeder
                A30 Spool gun
                WC24
                Harris O/A
                Pet raccoon

Comment

Well, honestly, I gave this thread low priority because it sounded like a chat thread based on the subject line. Use the actual subject for the subject line.

"Retrofit Hypertherm torch to Everlast plasma" would have been a great subject line that would also make it easy to remember what the thread was about every time we see it pop up.

Too many people are using taglines instead of subjects in the subject line.

Turns out I can't help with the actual issue, but I can chat about expanding the fleet, which is what the subject line says.

Comment

Since this is a chat thread, I especially like threads with the subject line "Question."

Almost, but not quite as specific as "Welder Question"

Comment

Originally posted by Helios View Post
                      Since this is a chat thread, I especially like threads with the subject line "Question."

Almost, but not quite as specific as "Welder Question"
                      Or, help!

I know that's Mac's favorite
                      Richard

Comment

I don't care for Everlast's amp control on the tig torch much either.
                        It's like they love to make electronic stuff but fall short on the torch side of things.
                        The "skilled hand" you speak of can do even more with better control. Just my opinion on that. I have nothing about Everlast plasma.

www.facebook.com/outbackaluminumwelding
                        Miller Dynasty 700...OH YEA BABY!!
                        MM 350P...PULSE SPRAYIN' MONSTER
                        Miller Dynasty 280 with AC independent expansion card
                        Miller Dynasty 200 DX "Blue Lightning"

Miller Bobcat 225 NT (what I began my present Biz with!)
                        Miller 30-A Spoolgun
                        Miller WC-115-A
                        Miller Spectrum 300
                        Miller 225 Thunderbolt (my first machine bought new 1980)
                        Miller Digital Elite Titanium 9400

Comment

Originally posted by sledsports View Post
                          I just hate that its Chinese. Technology wise I honestly think Everlast is ahead of alot of the others especially in the Tig world. I hate to say it but they had that "mixing DC on AC before dynasty did with didn't come till the last update on the 400.
                          I suspect the Chinese are going to do to welders what the Japanese did to GM and Ford. Their products get better every year, while US makers are pretty stagnant in comparison. I certainly don't want to see that happen but it seems to be. People are finding that the Chinese welders are "good enough" for 1/3rd the price. That's the kiss of death to US makers. I have 2 US made welders but I certainly was considering an Everlast which has more features at literally 1/3rd to 1/2 the price.

Comment

Too be honest, our family vehicle is now a Japanese made vehicle because the quality of it is so much better than a domestic US made vehicle. And to add to that, it was much less expensive to purchase than a comparable US made product. I held off as long as I could against purchasing something made overseas but sometimes a person "wises" up and spends their money where they get the best value and return for what they have spent. Mazda. Should have bought from them a long time ago. As a side note, my Dodge Ram 1500 truck was built in Mexico, go figure. Just saying.
                            A FEW OF MY TOYS !!!

MX Linux
                            LinuxMint

Miller Roughneck 2E
                            Lincoln Weldpak 100
                            Gianttech Arc 200
                            Victor O/A

Comment

Most of my Japanese cars were made in Kentucky.

Comment

Working...
                              X