Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1997CST
    replied
    I've had more trouble from the Fuel/Hour meter than the oil pressure switch. Since this is an sporadic problem I'd lean toward the meter. JMO

Leave a comment:

• Aeronca41
    replied
    yeah, my statement was probably worded pretty mildly--to say the least. Pipeliners are always so mild-mannered and politically correct.....

Leave a comment:

• Shanebob
    replied
    Grief from pipe welders? Ha! That’s a understatment, I had a “Miller Killer” sticker on my last machine, that one has come back to haunt me. Thanks for the parts info.

Leave a comment:

• Aeronca41
    replied
    Originally posted by Shanebob View Post
    Kinda what I was thinking also, just don’t want to get into a parts replacing cycle chasing a problem, I don’t have a Miller service center close around to have them check it out. Thank you.
    Agree completely with your thoughts on replacing parts--I hate doing that, but if the sending unit is cheap enough, and it solves a real pain for you, it might be worth a try especially since there's no one close to look at it for you. If you get the part number from your parts list, go to Miller4less.com; generally somewhat reasonable prices. Understand the part about showing up at a pipeline job with a Miller.....bound to get some grief at the slightest opportunity.
    Last edited by Aeronca41; 10-27-2018, 06:56 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Shanebob
    replied
    Kinda what I was thinking also, just don’t want to get into a parts replacing cycle chasing a problem, I don’t have a Miller service center close around to have them check it out. Thank you.

Leave a comment:

• Aeronca41
    replied
    I would assume its possible the oil pressure sending unit could have an intermittent problem, or a loose wire somewhere? Given your rather "high visibility" work environment, I would consider first checking for loose connections by following the wires from the sending unit to wherever they go. If you don't see any issues, than replace the sending unit. I wouldn't think it should be very expensive. Just my two cents worth; what I would do in your situation.

Leave a comment:

• Popscott
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Shanebob
    started a topic 2012 Big Blue 300 Pro with a Kubota engine problems

2012 Big Blue 300 Pro with a Kubota engine problems

Bought the machine used several months ago, really like the way it welds now but I am having issues with it shutting down while welding. The hour meter - fuel gauge reads "Lo Oil Pressure" this is not a constant issue only sporadic for some reason, checked to oil pressure sending unit it seems to be functioning just fine. The machine can be shut off and later on in 10 minuets it will run just fine? it was well maintained by the prior owner, has 4775 hours on it, The work I do with it is pipe welding, So far it has held its own against all the Lincolns here at work but the first little hick up I get pounded on, I know its got to be something simple but it is a complicated machine vs what I am used to using ( Classic II 250 Lincoln). The only thing I have done to it is service it and lower the Hertz to what Cruiser suggested, which made a huge improvement to how it welded, that adjustment should not have affected the oil pressure safety system on the machine. any advise appreciated.
Working...
X